30 day visa runs to Cambo border ? how many times?

Palatkik

30 day visa runs to Cambo border ? how many times acceptable?

Is there a limit on how many 30 day visa stamp runs can be made at border crossings such as Poipet? I know some people have been doing a day trip there multiple times and getting the 30 day stamp and perhaps 10 day extension to extend their stay in Thailand perhaps for legitimate tourist type activities. Is this type of tourist breaking any regulations that the authorities may clamp down on in the current political climate? Are the travel agents still promoting this kind of visa run?

Am no authority and doubt that there is any hard and fast rule on this (yet). But it would seem one such trip (to each border) would be reasonable for tourist reasons (to visit other country and return) and that the use of this for extending a stay in Thailand might not be considered proper. After all this is an entry without visa and if you need more than 30 days you still have the option to obtain a tourist visa.

Many people make repeat 1 month no visa entries, and I do not recall hearing of anyone being turned away for having too many consecutive ones. Anyone who knows different should post here and get everyone informed. I suppose spending a few days in the adjoining country may make it seem more valid - rather than coming back into Thailand 4 minutes later.

The question is the future; not the past. As I said I do not believe that there is a hard and fast rule yet, and perhaps there never will be. But it could well be coming. Travelers have posted in the past about being told not to return for another 30 day stamp so it is on the minds of at least some officials.

Perhaps a safe bet now might be to use a travel agent who "guarantee" return same day tour bus trips rather than going alone? Wouldn't fancy being on my own and told I couldn't come back at Poipet or at least get prior notice before trying.

These trips can be more convenient, cheaper and quicker than going through the full tourist application at an embassy so would be nice if they don't clamp down on this as well. There have been rumors on the Thaivisa message board suggesting it might not be so easy in future though. Will have to see.

As far as I know there is no rule either at the moment but its the future as you say as there is a law under review now for tourist visa multiple entrys that will have some new implications, from memory it is sometime around April 2004 it will be announced,

There has been rumours there maybe a limit on how many entrys permited and/or bank deposit statements to qualify for multi entrys, anyyone doing multiple tourist visa entrys one after the other will have to wait and see what they decide,

Good time to get a new passport in the next few months if it was full of re-entry stamps,

"Perhaps a safe bet now might be to use a travel agent who "guarantee" return same day tour bus trips rather than going alone? Wouldn't fancy being on my own and told I couldn't come back at Poipet or at least get prior notice before trying."

Its unlikely that a visa run tour operator would have much pull with the Immigration authorities if they manage to eliminate most of the remaining corruption. Also, I wouldn't imagine that these operator would be of much use if you were turned down and got stranded.

If they make multiple-entry visas harder to get, maybe I'll have to spend less time (and money) in Thailand. It's their country and its my money (until I spend it).

RickF

If they make multiple-entry visas harder to get, maybe I'll have to spend less time (and money) in Thailand. It's their country and its my money (until I spend it).

I have a feeling that if you have enough in the bank to show you are self supportive then it will not be a problem, I THINK that they will try to weed out the people doing multiple runs that are making there income illegally here in LOS,

Archived