Good place to rent motorbike in or near Pattaya

mongatu

I've got mostly good reviews about a place at beach end of Soi 8 recommended to me by a guy on another board. As you hit the beach, turn left and will be stationed just one partition down, almost in bar. Big for a Thai guy, the owners name is Mr. Won or Wong (I think). Charged me 150/day for two day rental (turned into a week) and offered to charge 100/day next trip if for a week. Very friendy and offered to buy me a beer when I rented (not sure if that's a good business policy or not in his profession). Bike new honda scooter in great shape, came with two helmets. Only down side was employee reportedly didn't give 1,000 baht deposit back when my TG brought it back, kind of my fault but a was very sick the last day and then had to get in a cab to airport. I'll go back next time and try and get my cash back but would rent again from this guy as there were mitigating factors. I didn't get insurance.

Be careful, BTW, very dangerous to ride bike of any size in Pattaya and I made it a rule (actually my BG kind of did but I agreed with policy :D ) to not drive at night when seriously bar hopping. Only broke rule once. It was also low season, which might have helped due to less traffic.

Yes, even though I am a very experienced bike rider, and have traveled thoughout Europe on bikes, I have great trepidation about dealing with the driving on the left at the same time as confronting the unfamiliar "rules of the road," or lack thereof, in LOS. Nevertheless, on my next trip I really want to do some exploring a little bit away from the tourist and p4p areas. Definitely would avoid driving at night after drinking not only because of my condition but also to avoid the other mao drivers!

Not sure 125CC, but the honda dreams or suzuki same size, are the best deals in Pattaya. You should be able to get a 100/day deal if you rent at least a week.

Usually, i rent direct from my condo, but sometimes, they have none, and this muslim lady, Zeeza (018020476), who was recommended to me, I also recommend.

her bikes were in very good shape, she only asks 500 deposit, very friendly, and she can deliver and pick up at your hotel. Which helps, because, many times, if not normal day hours, the guy you rented from is not there anymore.

I advise against renting a brand new, shiny bike. It might very well get stolen. and they are also 50 to 100 bahts more expensive a day.

The cops in Pattaya don't care if the passenger doesn't wear a helmet.

Fine for not wearing one while driving is 200 baht, if you have the helmet with you. If you don't have a helmet at all... than the fine is 500 baht. Thai "logic", I don't know. ::

Fredro

Looked like the farangs were being hit up for more Baht than the Thai folks, of course.

---------------------------

Not really. But the thai kids are good at making a turn around, and the farang usually runs up to the cop. But it is now common on Beach Rd, to have 2 or 3 cops stopping everyone, thai/farang, not wearing one. The one thing that has always puzzled me, is that the big Harley riders NEVER get stopped. Maybe a pseudo-macho comraderie between cops and hell's angels :dunno:.

Archived