Thailand or Phillipines???

I'm going to Asia for the first time in March, and I'm trying to decide between Thailand and the Phillipines. My criteria are quality / quantity of girls, economy, age of girls (I like 18/19), safety, pleasurable experience and anything else you may think pertinent. I'd like to start a discussion about the various merits / drawbacks of each to help me decide. Thanx....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no expert, but I've been to both places.

You should create a good debate with this question if Board members will read your post and respond. However, I have no idea how many members have actually traveled to both locations.

You'll have no problem finding what you're looking for in either place. If you go to Angeles City, Pampanga, Phillippines, you may find things a bit cheaper (still 1,000 pesos, less than 20 USD, for short or long time). On another popular forum (tsmtravel.com), I remember the same question being debated, and I think most guys feel that the quality (appearance) of B/Gs is a little better in LOS, however, since most Filipinas speak English, if your style is to verbally communicate and have the girls' understand, you'll have a better chance of that occurring in the Philippines. Of course, there are many gals in LOS that speak good English, but most Thai B/Gs are not schooled in English as are most Filipinas. It's a personal choice......if you like to talk to them as well as shag them, then the Filipina, in general, may be superior. If you want a woman that's a "stunner," but may only have a limited ability to speak English, then LOS is a great place. Remember, there are exceptions to each of these general rules.

One "problem" with the Philippines is the abundance of "Cherry Girls" dancing in the bars. If you're not familiar with that term, just ask. Many of the Cherry Girls are the best looking girls in the bar! I don't think there are many Cherry Girls in LOS bars. I've never heard of any LOS bargirl refusing to shag you because she's a virgin and not ready, or you won't meet her price for losing her virginity (that price, I've heard, can be 30,000 pesos or more = almost 600 USD). However, don't base your decision on this alone! There are plenty of very nice-looking, non-Cherry Girls available.

You may read in future posts about the current political situation in the Phillipines, and the problem with Muslim terrorists kidnapping Westerners. This problem is primarily in theSouthern Philippines (Mindanao, Jolo, and Palawan), and it's truly not a problem in Luzon (where Angeles City is). By the time you go, the problem may be well under control, as the President of the Philippines has recently declared war on the Muslim terrorists.

Why not go to both places? It's not that much more expensive.

Best of luck to you!

t'wannabe

Reply to hall:

But why Thailand, Thailand, and Thailand?????? Let's help this guy! Give your reasons!

I don't disagree with you, but I, personally, would love to hear your argument. Thailand is GREAT, but I'll take the Philippines for many other reasons that go far beyond the nightlife.

t'wannabe

Intrepid,

for a 1st time traveller to asia Thailand is soooo much easier than the Phillipines.

Leaving the girls aside for the time being the quality/value of hotel accomodation in Thailand is far superior, food is distinctly better, there is more of a variety of things to do (I'm comparing Pattaya to Angeles).

Angeles is like a wild west town (some would say shanty town, but that's a little bit unkind) just a bit grubby and you wouldn't really walk around there at night like you would in Thailand. Bar selection/girls is much higher in Pattaya.

A couple of good things about the Phillipines is if your a drinker the beer is VERY cheap and as teach said the girls speak english (that may be of some benefit).

Regards the price, in the Phillipines you pay up front in the form of 10 lady drinks and that's supposedly it (you may give a tip, that's up to you)I've had some girls lie there like a cold fish once their out of the bar and I've had others which were absolultely magic, it's a real hit and miss situation and you have to be able to read the girls real well.

I could go on for ages and I know I've only just skimmed the surface of what you asked for but others might be able to do it better justice than myself.

Reply to Intrepidtrvlr: As you read these posts, remember this is a forum on the Thai sanuk scene, and there's going to be a natural bias favoring Thailand.

Reply to Phantom: I disagree that Thailand is "sooooooo much easier." Might be a bit easier, at the best, but I don't think it's difficult, at all, in AC. Thus, I think you've exaggerated. Re: the value/quality of lodging. I TOTALLY disagree. This may have been true years ago, but not recently. For 23 USD/night (about 1000 baht), you can get a very nice room at the Clarkton, one of the best hotels in AC. I just stayed at the Clarkton for five weeks in Feb. and Mar., and I can assure you it's very clean, well-managed, and a very good value. This hotel is far superior to Nana Hotel or anything else I can think of for a similar price (1,000 baht). Re: it's a real hit and miss situation with girls in AC. This is very misleading. You mean it's NOT hit/miss in LOS, and ALL girls are a hit? I DOUBT IT! Ask RogerRabbit.

t'wannabe

Reply to hall: Sorry you had a bad experience with your Filipina girlfriend. But, according to your logic, Thailand is a better place to go because you would never run into a "bad" Thai girl.

Of course, this is absurd, and my point is to merely show that your argument and its rationale do absolutely nothing for intrepidtvlr. You MUST have other reasons, don't you?

"One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch." Author: UNKNOWN

Also, you spelled "Filipina" improperly. Perhaps that's one indication why your relationship with some of the sweetest, nicest female specimens I have ever met has soured?

t'wannabe

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: teacherwannabe ]

Teach

I was comparing Pattaya and Angeles not Bangkok/Manilla, I'll stand by what I said on quality of hotels, Angeles is just that bit more down market.

BTW I wouldn't have thought that the Clarkton was within walking distance of the bars on Fields? Would you walk from there at night. That's the beauty of Pattaya with hotels within staggering distance of hundreds of bars.

Re: the girls, I can only go off my experience, I realise that problems crop up in both countries, it's just that I've had more than my fair share in the Pines.

However it's still an interesting place to visit and everyone should get the chance to compare it and make up their own minds.

As you said this would create a good debate and you would know how fanatical the Pines crowd can get if you looked at the responses this subject gets on the AC2 board.

I certainly prefer Thailand to the Philippines, but they both have unique attractions. One of which must be angeles city.

I've always thought that no-name city,that ramshackle town featured in the movie Paint Your Wagon, was the model used by the town planner who built Angeles City, all those years ago.

When I was barhopping through AC, I was always half expecting to see Lee Marvin come staggering out of some low-life bar, with women in tow, slurring the words to I was borm under a wandering star....

what a great movie it was

james

Archived