Thailand or Phillipines???

quote:

Originally posted by Hello Welcom:

One thing I'm curious about: Do the girls

stand outside the bars in Angeles (and Manila) yelling "hello welcome" (...."please come inside....) as they do all over Pattaya, as well as Soi Cowboy (and other places). You walk down soi cowboy and every bar as about 3 girls each yelling hello welcome, please come inside, all at the same time. I'll like Angeles more if they don't have anyone outside doing that.

At many of the bars, you do have the same thing happening, but not at all bars. Sometimes, the bar owner will insist on the best-looking girl having the duty of standing outside and encouraging customers to come in as they walk by. The bars that aren't on the main street (Fields Ave.) are almost forced to have aggressive touts or welcome girls. If not, they wouldn't survive.

It's a fact of life, I learned to say "no thank you," and walk swiftly or say "I've got a date at "XYZ" Bar down the street."

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nok, as previously stated, "I am outa this one"!!. Half pissed, just got home, Pattaya is QUIET tonight, and I think maybe I should smash my keyboard and never write on a message board again. It seems to be a problem everytime I say anything to anyone about anything. But then... what the fuck would I know.

Oscar (the newbie to S.E.A).

Half pissed, just got home,

Are you alone?

rest easy, always tommorow morning, which is another thing, you can find a girl in Pattaya 24hours a day, including 6AM down at Marine hotel diso or food stalls.

take care Oscar, glad you are well.

Nok

I go to both Angeles City and Thailand. Both have their good qualities.

A good website for Angeles City is http://www.balibago.com

As for a hotel in AC, the Orchid Inn is by far the best place to stay, but reservations are hard to come by, you need to reserve a couple of months in advance. The US$35 superior deluxe rooms in the new section are the ones to get.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys...There are many more places in the Philippines than Angeles!!!!

Try Cebu or many other places in the Visayas...very true...the accomodations are way below Thai standards..the food is not nearly as taty...but the girls ARE!!!

In Thailand where ever you go you will always feel a sense of calm to include certain bad areas (just smile and say hello).

In the P.I. (AC) great fun but, always be on your guard and ready to draw your six shooters there's indians everywhere.

It's a vacation come to LOS and enjoy cool.gif" border="0

Note to intepidtrvlr: If your window includes April, you may want to consider Thailand's Sogkran holiday. That is pretty fun.

Note to Oscar: Don't delete stuff. Throw it up and see what sticks. Sorry I missed it.

smile.gif" border="0

Funny that, as I take the opposite tact. When Songkran rolls around I am on a plane to Manila, and a van to Angeles City. I live in Thailand.

I did four Songkrans, and, IMO they just got to be pains in the ass. April is a great time to be in AC as it is the slow season and the bars are loaded with eager Filopina bunnies with few customers.

Two qualifying statements here though.

One: Yes, you should experience one Songkran. It can be fun the first time, but you need the right attitude and, IMO, location. I think Songkran in Bangkok and Pattaya has gotten way out of hand.

Two: Don't go to AC over the Holy Week there. The first year I went it was much better as I avoided Holy Week. Last year some of the bars were closed, the ones open had reduced staffs, etc. Still plenty of ladies, but if you have a choice avoid those Christian holidays in the Philippines as a visitor.

My 2 sataangs worth is that both the Philippines and Thailand offer everything that you'll need or want in the way of girls. The price is good at both locations.. The thing that makes me "vote" for Thailand is that (in my opinion) Thailand have so much more in the way of day-time things to do that does the Philippines...

Again, just my 2 sataangs worth of opinion.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0

My impressions could be summed up as follows:-

Angeles City; Cheap Beer, Long Times, No Shopping Trips, Pouting Girls, Girls Focus On You, Laid Back, Relationships, Good That They Can Speak English.

BKK; Short Times, Fun, Shopping Trips with/without Girls, Smiling Girls, Great GoGo Shows, Lust, Good They Cannot Speak English.

A few people that I spoke to suggested the Philippine girl would stick with you, whereas a Thai Girl would focus on the money and run.

However I like Thailand more, perhaps it suits my own ambitions/activities. I don't like to sit at a bar and drink all day, I am happy to be on my own.

If there was a single reason to choose, it would be Thailand and the Soap Massage experience.

Archived