Wedding Anniversary

Torneyboy

Our first wedding anniversary is coming up in October.

Do Thais celebrate these?

Falangs give a gift and as the years go by more is attached to the celebrations.

Paper/diamond/gold/ruby and so on.

Or is it just another day in Thailand, will do something but just wondering what is expected or not ::

I think it depends on the couple.

The majority of the Thai couples I know here don't do much other than having dinner somewhere.

That's what I did.

My wife's family doesn't even celebrate birthdays. :: Only a gift or two for the lucky one and that's it. For me it's another reason to raise a glass. :)

Don't care what anyone else does,,,,just make sure YOU don't forget. :devil:

So you don't confuse the traditional presents, my g/f suggests diamonds or cash or gift certificates are perfect any year. :neener:

You are not in Thailand, neither is she. Get with the program. :rolleyes:

Says LaoHuLi:

Don't care what anyone else does,,,,just make sure YOU don't forget.
:devil:

So you don't confuse the traditional presents, my g/f suggests diamonds or cash or gift certificates are perfect any year.
:neener:

You are not in Thailand, neither is she. Get with the program.
:rolleyes:

""cash and diamonds"" :(

I like Zaads idea better.....Thai take away :neener:

Dont worry I will not forget...it is marked in red on our calendar.....not by me btw :angel:

Hi torneyboy,

From what I have experienced,Thai women will not forget the anniversary of marriage or birthday etc. Although I am not aware of anything like western tradition of paper,diamond,ruby.So dinner and a nice piece of jewelery should(better) be on your agenda.Just to show how much you love her.Even though you may need to mention it at least once a day. ::

Congrates on 1 year and many more to come. :beer:

cheers sky brow.

Says sky brow:

Hi torneyboy,

From what I have experienced,Thai women will not forget the anniversary of marriage or birthday etc. Although I am not aware of anything like western tradition of paper,diamond,ruby.So dinner and a nice piece of jewelery should(better) be on your agenda.Just to show how much you love her.Even though you may need to mention it at least once a day. ::

Congrates on 1 year and many more to come.
:beer:

cheers sky brow.

Not yet...Oct 16th

Is why i was asking in case i had to do something (Thia) but i see..same same ..gold gold gold...diamonds etc.

My first marriage only lasted 11 months so i saved heaps on anniversary gifts ::

Not this time ...long haul..will splash out for her :angel: :angel:

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"Even though you may need to mention it at least once a day."

What is it with this? My wife asks me every single evening if I love her, and every time I give her the same answer.

Thai women seem to me very insecure.

Sanuk!

And ...did you miss me today....after going to work for the lunch trade...11-3.30 PM

I am at work to....crazy but what can we do we are in thier web ::

Hi KS,

Mine does the same.Nearly everyday.She will ask me with a look on her face like I have never told her I love her,although I did just yesterday.And when I say,yes of course I do.She starts bouncing around the room with a grin from ear to ear.Its nice to watch.I sometimes think it comes from insecurity but she rarely seems insecure inanything else.Then I put it down to a girl thing,maybe a bit of both.

cheers sky brow.

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"Even though you may need to mention it at least once a day."

What is it with this? My wife asks me every single evening if I love her, and every time I give her the same answer.

Thai women seem to me very insecure.

Sanuk!

In all my limited knowledge about That/Thai relationships, I have the impression that Thais don't mention it a lot at all. You say once that you love somebody and that lasts for about half a lifetime. You said it once so why should it change??

My wife didn't read that phrase in that book neither BTW! :grinyes:

Archived