20,000 bht Buriram

He feels that 10,000 bht a month is plenty to live on in Buriram,and especially as he visits Thailand for at least a stay of one month,every three months,so he is in Thailand at least 4 months a year, during the visits she stays with him,and he takes her shopping and buys lots of gifts and clothing for the family.

I am sure that no matter what he pays her ,she can find a way of spending it ,just like all of us,if someone gave it to me, i could easily spend a million a year,but the question is ,what is a realistic figure for someone in her position?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says gunneruk:

but the question is ,what is a realistic figure for someone in her position?

The question is basically what type of lifestyle does your friend want to afford her? Does he want to pay for a subsistence lifestyle, a comforable middle class lifestyle or a lifestyle that places her in the lap of luxury.

The girls reality or as you put it "realistic figure" is based on her expenses not neccessarily her location.

I knew of guys who got along very well on US40k in NYC and others who could not survive on that amount in Atlanta which has a much lower cost of living. Basically it all came down to their expenses.

As I said before alot comes down to what your friends intentions are, his expectations and his comforatbility level. Is he leasing a piece of ass or is he inveting in a commmitted relationship. I know if I am a multi-millionaire and I intend on marrying someone I will more than likely elevate her lifestyle in accordance to mine. In other words she wouldn't live in a shack and she would get have enough money from me where she wouldn't have to think about how she will pay for things.

Seems like your friend is comfortable with the 10k bt mark. He just now has to toss it out there to her and see what happens.

ib13,

I wasn't talking only about BGs but include other TGs as well. I wonder if there are girls who are not BGs but playing the game of multiple donars. Dating services? internet players?

I would like to think when i guy puts a TG on a budget, he is thinking he is the only one. While he could be in the denial stage that she is receiving monies from other suitors, then you have to question his judgment of giving her any money in the first place if he has any doubt that she is taking from other guys.

Maybe there are guys who don't care if she has other suitors but then you have to question their relationship and his own self-respect or is he just viewing her like a chartible contribution, the more the better for her? I guess there is nothing wrong with that if he accepts that or even aware of the fact it is happening.

It is probably all based on his true feelings for her or maybe not at all? Are there guys who give just out of a sense of guilt and feeling sorry for her situation; kind of like adopting a kid from a poor family (it brings back memories of sally struther's advertisement in africa). Come to think of it. Hey, now who wants to be the falang posing with the Thai girl on his lap in the advertisement? For only 10,000B a month, live your fantasy as well as doing good in the world. It sounds like a 501 -C3 business opportunity in the making.....

Cardinalblue

I often find this discussion about how much a bit pathetic.

Now either you're in a business relationship and she (the professional she is) is going to demand a certain amount to keep her, to have some exclusivity so to speak whenever you return, or you're in a normal relationship. In the first case you either agree or you don't, but don't expect anything whilst you're away.

In the latter I would want my GF or wife to live the life that I do. Does she have her own income fine, maybe help out a bit,. Doesn't she have any income, also fine, help out a bit more. But it would be related to my income and lifestyle in the latter case. If she can't live with that, well then sorry, no honey.

In any case I wouldn't want my GF to cut cane while I'm conmfortable in my middle class home, nor would I like her to live the life of a princess, whislt I'm working my ass of to provide for that lifestyle.

Putting a fixed price on it seems too businesslike for me.

Now either you're in a business relationship and she (the professional she is) is going to demand a certain amount to keep her, to have some exclusivity so to speak whenever you return
Unless she is in some way very special "demand" is not the word I would use. I think "request" would be a better word to use considering the amount of competition around. I think a simple negotiation is acceptable. Problem is any excessive money provided is often used in ways a sponsor would not want his hard earned money used.

ip13,

I have been involved in a couple of relationships with poor thai girls who were not BGs. One was a student, one was a sales clerk and one was a quality control inspector in a factory.

I helped out the student just because she needed it. Living on bare bones.

The other two were making 6500B - sales clerk a month and the other around 6000B a month. with overtime up to 8,000.

The problem lies in that the latter two worked six days a week 10 hours a day. The overtime job meant she would pull 16 hours shifts.

Neither worked in bkk but the outskirts. Well, that meant my time with them was limited to a very small amount of time a week.

I had to weigh what was more important time vs money lets say roughly $150 to $200 a month. Since my own budget is 10 times that, I could afford to basically put them on my own payroll (different times obviously!) so i could see them. It also freed them up from dead-end jobs to pursue interests like further education which was part of the deal. I am a huge believer in education as the way to get ahead self-development-wise and professionally.

So unless your TG has a middle-class background with a well-paying career job, I would think the BF would sponsor her . I would guess only a fraction of falangs have these types of TGs as GFs. The rest of the non-bgs would probably fall under 10,000 to 12,000B dead-end jobs where the job is measured by how many hours she works and not brain-power.

It comes down to her time for you vs how much is she making vs what type of job/carreer does she have now vs allowing her pursue other educational/further educational needs. I would estimate 80% of jobs for non-bgs would fall into this category of looking whether you sponsor her or let her toil in current job of just making ends meet....

I also wish to add all three of these gilrs were sending home monies from their salaries regarless how little they make. These girls face the same finanial pressures from home that BGs face but elected to take a different path than BGs. Probably makes for another interesting topic. What really propels some girls to work bar and others not to work bar? I think it much more than just money demands.....

Cardinalblue

ok in that case a fair choice based on the circumstances I guess.

I've had relationships with NBG's from day 1 in LOS, but none of them have been middle class or up untill very recently...

I've never 'rented' or supported poor NBG's on a regular basis, but then again I never stayed longer than a few months in LOS so hard to imagine all the different relationships one would/could end up in living there for years :p

all boils down to individual choices & experiences & I'm happy to read about them here :D

sanuk :hubba:

Says ib13:

well if she's a regular TG I don't see why she would need sponsoring in the first place - she would be doing a proper day job, studying, supported by family whatever no?

I would fathom that you have more "regular" Thai girls being "sponsored" than you have BG's.

Not every regular Thai girl has good job and a great family.

Go eat at some non farang restaurants and you will see many a school/college/university girl with an older "sponsor" that ain' her real daddy.

There is a regular girl in my aprtment building with a day job that had a Thai guy reularly "visit" her. When she wasn't at work she was always on her computer chatting. A couple of months ago the Thai "visitor" stopped coming around and now she has a farang guy that "visits" her. I wonder who will be there when I return to Bangkok. Interesting to note that she got all new furniture when the farang guy came on the scene. I also suspect that she hooked him in a chat room.

Archived