20,000 bht Buriram

Says cardinalblue:

I have found girls who seem to care for guys in a sincere way will take any amount they are offered and somehow manage to live on that amount.

Girls who start dictating prices, costs, etc seem much more interested in taking care of financial matters and view the financial giver just as that a financial giver. And not much of anything else...

I think your friend needs to decide what he wants to be a bf or a donor? If not, the girl will decide for him.....

Cardinalblue

I have often felt that the best times with BGs were with the ones who were never financially demanding, even happy to spend some additional time together. Sure, perhaps they could get more by performing more tricks or whatever but they have sometimes refused extra, happy to live with what they already had. I am sure that some of the better girls can live on little amounts - their ability to survive dictates that they can somehow get food on the table for very little.

I could live in LOS on a food budget of Bt 40/50 per day easily. Much cheaper I suppose in the villages and cheaper again for the Thais.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for my first post i cannot help disagreeing, what sense does it make to talk about how much typical thais make/spend? She probably earns 10 to 20 times what a typical TG earns (assuming she is a looker).

He is not dealing with a typical TG, but a girl who knows her potential to earn big money, and is trying to make the best deal for her and her family. The income she is giving up looms large in her mind.

No need to bad mouth the lady for asking what she thinks she is worth. How many of us would change jobs if the offer was for a salary of 1/10th of what we earn now?

He can test the waters with a counter offer. If not, nothing wrong with paying the lady 20,000baht IMO to stop fucjking/working in the bar, if that is what your friend wants.

And of course, she will not go with other men anymore, even when your friend is out of country

She is changing jobs - from BG to sponsored girl, lets hope she is also a faithful girl. :angel:

Hi,

It would not be just her income that is reduced, but also her expenses. When living / working in BKK she likely makes about 20-25K, but her expenses are very likely to be in the 15-20K range as well.

When upcountry almost all of those expenses (rent, transportation, make up, clothing, etc.) will be gone, and those left (i.e. food) will be greatly reduced.

It is therefore unrealistic to ask for the same amount of money.

BTW, your job changing example is not valid, since she will *quit* working, not change jobs. Nor would the amount be only 10%, but rather 20-25% (and more likely 80-90% after expenses).

So, your questions should be "How many of us would quit jobs if the offer was for a salary of 80% of what we earn now?"

I know what my answer would be :)

Sanuk!

khunsanuk,

You have actually touched upon an interesting subject of how much is the girl willing to stop work for.

On the surface it might look like it depends upon the girl and what financial demands she believes she has. I think it goes much deeper than that.

I will assume BGs keep working if they have a thai bf or husband but could be wrong. Bad/raw deal for the falang if he supports her and her thai bf...

I think the girl's attitude and how she views the scene are even more important than her financial demands on whether she quits for less to take a foreign bf.

I have met a number of girls who said they would take any resonable amount to get out of the scene and met some others who wouldn't quit for a baht less than some high figure she has in her mind.

I think one would find an incredible range of girls' answers from practically nothing to some really ridiculous figures...

Maybe her decision might have to do less with the monthly figure and more with the long-term financial stability a relationship can have as well bf picks up all the daily operating costs (can amount to a lifestyle change - if living together or both in same town) besides her monthly allowance.....

Cardinalblue

I will assume BGs keep working if they have a thai bf or husband but could be wrong. Bad/raw deal for the falang if he supports her and her thai bf...

I know a former bg who left the business not because of a farang bf but because of her Thai bf. She returned to her native town in order to live with him permanently. The girl is now working in a factory upcountry (since more than 1 year). I also believe that this is not an exceptional case but might happen more often than we imagine.

I think the financial security is a main driver for the girls and what they ask for to get out of the game.

If the girl thinks that the offer of assistance is likely to be permanent, or for the long time, then it is likely that the amount required will be less. If the girl thinks that the guy's infatuation with her is likely to be short lived, then she will ask for as much as possible before the ATM closes on her.

They all have a shelf life and a position in the beauty stakes. Where they are on both scales will also dictate how much they get.

One thing I have seen is that the requests from not too disimilar girls were different when the farang was living in LOS (less demanded) and returning to his country (more requested). Perhaps therein lies the security and longlevity of the potential relationship from the girl's point of view. If the guy is here, she is more certain, whereas when he is away, she is much more reliant upon his good word.

>If the guy is here, she is more certain, whereas when he is away, she is much more reliant upon his good word.

Agree. A distant farang could be sending money and sleeping with his wife...taking his children to school, minding the pets...what security for a bg or any girl is in that? All what she has from him may stop any minute.

Archived