JW Marriott 4 Sukhumvit

Tomc12,

I wonder how you could stay at the JW Marriot 5 years ago as it opened up in late 98 (3.5 years).

The policies of the "first" class hotels are like I pointed out (my information are first class as I worked as a cook for two years at the Peninsula Hotel Bangkok). Still today I am in close contact with this Industry in Thailand whenever in an other function.

However, you are correct some follow the regulations some don't. I figure especially the hotel's close to a red light venue have to be more tolerant in order not to loose their customer (some however are very strict however). But this has nothing to do with the offical policy. If you don't believe me do one of two things:

1) ask at the hotel desk about the offical, offical is important, regulations

2) try to bring in a gal at one off the first class hotels down at the river

In order to get rid of the issue at all, and any problems which might occure when somebody get's into bad mood, make sure your fare is for double occupacy (twin) and just deposit the ID card of the ladies at the reception (the gals are used to this procedure).

Cheers

Pom,

with all respect: your date is also just halfway correct. It was planed to open the marriott in May 97, later on the date was June 97 but the offical opening was at the 22 Feb. 98.

In late 98 the JW Marriott BKK get worldwide introduced by the different travel agencies.

However, I apprichiate you interfering so I realize that not "every" bullshit can be spread over your forum.

Cheers

Hey I was there a week ago, and as always there was no hassle bringing in girls. One girl I brought in last March insisted that we had to go to the front desk to leave her ID. We did and the girl at the desk just laughed and said we didn't have to leave anything, it was OK.

On this last trip one night very late (around 3:30am) I had 2 girls in tow, and there was a uniformed security guy standing outside of the entrance that bypasses the front desk (goes by the cigar shop). I think he was some sort of outside security guy. He looked at the girls and looked at me, very sternly, and I thought oh shit this is it, but he didn't say a thing. I don't think he was very happy, and I felt a little bad about it as the girls were obviously uncomfortable. I don't think I'll push it like that again, but mai pen rai.

BKKFREAK,

I stayed at the JW Marriott in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002-as I said, the past five years. The guest policy at other 5-star hotels is beside the point-at the JW, I have never booked for double occupancy and have always just walked right in with guest/guests without any ID checks/questions asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Bkkfreak,

You intimate that the hotels by the river don't allow girls. I think things may be changing. Last July, I spent 2 nights at Sheraton Royal Orchid before moving to Sheraton Grande. I asked security about bringing back a girl. He said it would be no problem...and told the cab driver to take me to Patpong.

Having said that, I prefer Sukhumvit hotels, especially the Sheraton Grande, which is a cut above the others.

Updated news.

Last Thursday I went out with a swiss mate who stayed at JW Marriot. We ended picking up two girls from the Beergarden and his girl has a real hooker look (mini skirt real mini and tits more outside than inside her mini-top) but the security guard near the lift hadn' say a word...

I went with him becouse I was a little corious about the metter to bring a girl who really looked like a whore in a luxury hotel like JW.

Swissman

Uppps, I thougt this subject is closed.

However, who I am to not believe your experiences. But on the other hand it bothers me a lot and I am actually greatful for your information. Based on this I maybe have to change some of the recommendations I give my customers. Most of the Tourists in Thailand do prefer to stay in hotels "without seeing the business" especially when they book 5-star(this is not my illusion they do ask for it).

Cheers

Archived