JW Marriott 4 Sukhumvit

I'm going to be staying at the JW Marriott, 4 Sukhumvit for a few days at the beginning of March this year, I have never been to Bangkok before and wondered if anyone can tell me about the hotel and it's policy to guests etc. Don't want to bring a girl back and end up with her getting thrown out before the fun starts!!!

It is on soi 2 but should'nt you be staying at the taipan on soi 23?. I stayed at the JW for the second time in Jan but it did not impress me as much this time. The key is a card that you keep with you so no need to walk up to the desk and ask for it, you could take a netball team up to your room without any problem. Girls love the bathrooms-too much!-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Taipan:

I'm going to be staying at the JW Marriott, 4 Sukhumvit before the fun starts!!!

I had dinner in the New York Steakhouse at the J.W Marriot last week and the food was fantastic to say the least, The waitresses working there were all stunning and had very pleasant personalities, The good reports i heard about this Steakhouse are all true,

Racha,

• 2 weeks later...

What is current situation at the Marriott with regard to the guest policy. The last I stayed was in mid December-01 and there was no problem . Will be arriving next week and wanted a current update, since in LOS things can change pretty quick.

Thanks

vinod

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: vinod ]

Like I pointed out on an other topic on this forum the policy on such kind of hotels is: just guest allowed agains surcharge. But because espacially in the Marriott the lift are away of the reception it might be possible to "sneack" in (provided their is no lift boy who will stop you). This happend to me in earlier days e.g. at Boulevard Hotel (soi 5).

Conc. the quality of the marriot I am not going to change my mind: it is a Marriot, and therefore first class. But they increased prices a lot in the last two years because they started very low to fill up the rooms. And therefore there are always better hotels for cheaper fares around Sukhumvit (new hotels open up all the time and all with more or less the same policiy as all of them are first class hotels).

Cheers

BKKFREAK,

I don't know where you have gotten your information, but it is wrong about the JW Marriott. I have stayed there for the past five years and I have never had to sneak anybody in, whether I come in with one, two,or three guests. There is no lift boy in the Marriott. If there is a security guard by the elevators, he will punch the elevator button for me, but he never questions my guests or myself.

Archived