Change your name

Torneyboy

Says paulc31:

Hi toneyboy,

I just found out that my Thai girlfrind changed her name 5 years ago :: She sent me back more papers I asked her to finish so she could get her visa ::

I got a copy of her birth certificate in English, plus a certified copy of a name change approval letter and lord behold a differant first name
:doah:

I emailed and asked her why she changed her name , she told it was to change her luck, and to bring her happness
:grinyes:

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

So has she found it with you :neener:

Looks to me as if it is not uncommon..guess we in falangland just put up with bad or uneven luck and stay with our given names.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi TB,

My wife changed her name(s) as well.

Her nickname was Taem and that would mean something like an "unexpected present", like when you walk into a shop, buy a cassette player and get thrown in a tape for free.

The reason for this peculiar nickname was that her mother at the time of giving birth to my wife was 42 years old and didnt expect to be able to have kids any more. Sure shows some sense of humor :)

I was very surprised the first time I arrived in my wifes village and everybody was referring to someone called Taem and asking all kinds of question about this person. I had no idea that they were actually talking about my wife who called herself another name outside of her village.

Her first name was Samlee meaning cotton and she was occasionally teased by the kids in school who would ask her why is your name cotton when your skin is so black?

But her reason for changing her name was the teasing, not because of superstition.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

"Looks to me as if it is not uncommon..guess we in falangland just put up with bad or uneven luck and stay with our given names. "

Ex's brother was sick a lot after birth. So his parents got a new first name for him (from munks I think), to change his luck.

I guess it might have worked.

Cheers!

Says Hua Nguu:

Hi TB,

My wife changed her name(s) as well.

Her nickname was Taem and that would mean something like an "unexpected present", like when you walk into a shop, buy a cassette player and get thrown in a tape for free.

The reason for this peculiar nickname was that her mother at the time of giving birth to my wife was 42 years old and didnt expect to be able to have kids any more. Sure shows some sense of humor
:)

I was very surprised the first time I arrived in my wifes village and everybody was referring to someone called Taem and asking all kinds of question about this person. I had no idea that they were actually talking about my wife who called herself another name outside of her village.

Her first name was Samlee meaning cotton and she was occasionally teased by the kids in school who would ask her why is your name cotton when your skin is so black?

But her reason for changing her name was the teasing, not because of superstition.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hi HN

It took me a while to realise my wife doesn''t like or use her nic name.

Said didn''t have one...untill the sisters told me...ha ha i only use it when i want to get her wound up..dangerous i know ::

I can undersatnd why your wife changed hers...kids would never let up with teasing

[color:"red"] I guess he calls it hogwash?? unless you hit on something in his life.

[/color]

Hubby is a computer scientist who sees things in only 2 shades, black and white. And I, in the same profession sees things in colors and rosy shades most of the times. ::

I have been a person who questions things and Astrology, including Tarot have survived for thousand of years, I believe there has got to have something true to survive that long. My brother just found out that I know Tarot the last time I visited Thailand and he shook his heard in fascination!!!

I know it is strange that Tarot normally is on the target, caution though, the persons who read them must have some certain concentration/focus to be able to do it right, not all people can do it right, some are better than others. Many things cannot be rationalized. But we don't know all things and we don't need explanation on everything. :bow:

Cheers! ::

Says check_bin_krap:

"Looks to me as if it is not uncommon..guess we in falangland just put up with bad or uneven luck and stay with our given names. "

Ex's brother was sick a lot after birth. So his parents got a new first name for him (from munks I think), to change his luck.

I guess it might have worked.

Cheers!

Hi Cbk

The Monks would have helped i guess i am not sure how else they would arrive at a lucky name otherwise.

Glad to hear it has worked for him

Says paulc31:

Hi toneyboy,

"YEP"
:grinyes:

I know what you mean I have always wanted to change my name, felt it was to wimpy
:doah:

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

Dont think it has the same effect of westerners? :dunno:

Unless avoiding the law :neener:

Second thoughts ..maybe a falang could ask the monks in his home country to have a look at it?

Hi toneyboy,

>>Dont think it has the same effect of westerners?

Unless avoiding the law

Second thoughts ..maybe a falang could ask the monks in his home country to have a look at it<<

I don't know but I think that some people would change their names for good luck ;) I also think people that are avoiding the law change their names alot :neener:

To this day every time bad luck hits me I always blame my last name :doah:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

Archived