UPDATE: E-mailing Immigration for 90-day check-in

rookie

The new program allowing long-term visa holders to use

e-mail for their required 90-day Immigration contacts was

first announced last Monday (Sept-8), by Police Colonel Somsak, the head of Immigration in Pattaya. The program is now in the process of being implemented.

During the TV interview, Police Col. Somsak gave out the

website address, www.imm.police.go.th, which I mentioned

in my Sep-8 post informing all interested parties of the program. This is Bangkok's website for Immigration and as has been noted does _not_ contain any info on the e-mail program, nor does the site even list the new visa fees.

Yesterday (Thursday), I went to the Immigration office in

Pattaya in hope of getting some clarification, for listers

and myself, on the new program. I spoke with Col. Somsak's

aide and finally Capt Tanapat. The latter officer is in

the process of updating and completing the Thai and English

versions of the Pattaya Immigration website:

www.pattaya-immigration.com e-mail: phattaya_imm@th.com

Capt. Tanapat showed me that he was working on pages which show the new visa fees and indicated that he would begin working on the details of the new 90-Day E-mail Program next week. Considering that there is much to be done to complete their website, I imagine that we won't see any info on the 90-Day E-Mail within a month or more ;-)

The aide to Col. Somsak inferred that when the program is

operational, the Long-Term visa holders may be required to

initially appear in person at their local Immigration or

Police Office, for their next 90-Day check-in. Expat will

provide Immigration with their passport and an e-mail address. Providing the e-mail address, he said, will help insure that future e-mail checkings will be from the Expat [i doubt it..] and not from someone else claiming to be the Expat. HOWEVER, I received conflicting information about providing an e-mail address from a different Immigration Official. SO...I guess we'll just have to WAIT until the final draft is online to learn all the details.

Never forget, TIT...and surely the announced program will exist as it's to Immigration's benefit to better keep track of us,

but my crystal ball just won't give me the date when final

version will appear in print. But, today, my crystal ball did

report there was a full moon, in Thailand, last Wednesday...

-rookie-

I checked this out re the email today after reading it here and was told it is not possible by email at the moment also, what they did say was, it is still ok to send someone else to do it for you though,

The written rules say a fine of not more than 5,000 baht or 200 baht a day for not reporting, I was told they will fine you a flat 2,000 baht for not reporting and they would give you a 7 day grace period after your due date as well, also it can not be done before 7 days of the due date,

unless this is a new strictly enforced rule, u can update your 90 days a week before the due date, in fact i've done it up to a month before the due date because i was leaving the country.

I asked them about changing the address, and although they said there was a special form, and it must be done within 24hours of moving, they were about to close their office and siad "oh, just tell us next time" and u can just write the new address on the regular sheet. WTF?

Also, anyone know if u have to go and change the address on ur workpermit too? AHG! I'll just use my original address if that is the hassel we have to go through...

"unless this is a new strictly enforced rule, u can update your 90 days a week before the due date, in fact i've done it up to a month before the due date because i was leaving the country."

If you leave the country and return, the reentry stamp and new form (that has your address in Thailand) is the same as reporting in.

TH

Archived