singapore airlines

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Can anyone tell me how Singapore airlines comnpares to other carriers such as Royal Brunei, Quantas, BA. also does anyone know how many hours flight time between Singapore and BKK?

Singapore Airlines - the best cabin service in the world.

Maintenance, safety, world class, same as QF or BA.

On my recent trip, SQ cabin staff passed by QF9 staff. Age diff was 30+ years, QF grandmas were kind of proud while passing the girls in SQ uniforms.

Poor recycled ladies: they are on 20K US$ per year with QF.

Not that SQ girls are being paid much better, but at the age of 22-25 that money may mean something. At least, they smile!

SQ hostesess clean the toilets every hour. You can see them walking with duty-free bags. Our debis is in there.

QF staff let the lavatories choke and shut them.

You can't make a mistake by flying SQ.

Flying time SIN-BKK? anything between 1:40 and 2:00.

some years back i had a part-time job which involved flying all over Europe.

i had no choice with the carriers,but after a trip to Barcelona i swore never to travel BA through choice.

my 1st trip to LOS was by BA/Qantas(again not my choice)and i was reminded of my earlier thoughts.

since then i have flown China Airlines,Thai and Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia were definately the best and i would recommend them to everyone.

the service and the flight attendants were the best..... :up:

All--

I have to agree with Escape and Fly in that SQ is about as good as you're ever going to see.. SQ consistently rates as top airline in the world (not just Asia region) by Conde Naste and Business Traveller International.. They also seem to be a lot like BA and VS in that SQ is an innovator of new services/products. The rest of the pack are reactive and always the last one in line when it comes to adding these perks..

As far as staff goes, I have been to SQ's training facility (SQ House not far from Changi) and it's huge and much like a University Campus. You can tell that SQ takes training seriously, and it shows in their product..

While I am sure we all have had some less than perfect airline experiences, even with SQ, In my opinion they are a first rate carrier and will always be a #1 or #2 in my mind.

--UPSer

Just a brief, off topic, comment about my Malaysian Air trip. Cheap flight Bkk - YVR, but with overnight in KL Put up in a 4 star hotel, but 35-40 minutes from airport in middle of no where. Arrive at hotel at 11:30, everything including nice looking Piano Bar, is closed. Oh well, 0600 to airport anyway. Restaurant not open so have to depend on Airline breakfast.

No Omelets left by my turn so ended up with Seafood Congee. Now I eat Congee in China and even Joke in LOS, but this stuff was wallpaper paste. :banghead: The 'Dinner', many hungry hours later, was not much better.

Cramped seating in the cattle car does not encourage my additional patronage.

>As far as staff goes, I have been to SQ's training facility (SQ House not far from Changi) and it's huge and much like a University Campus..

Just had lunch with someone who used to date a SQ stewardess in Singapore. He's telling me, the girls make 40S$ (what's that, 28US$) per meal sector + 20US$ food allowance on the ground. No other pay. Allowance for make up and few other perks, yes.

If he is right, SIN-BKK-SIN would be 56US$ income for a stewardess that goes and returns on the same day, 5 hours. Goes just above 11US$ per hour.

As for BA/Qantas... they are the worst airline ...reminds me of a cattlecar but those mouthy fat old pigs they call flight attendants are an aberation.

I think not, personally I would rather endure a mouthy fat old pig for a few hours than hit a maintanance vehicle at take off speed. SQ is in many respects a fine airline, I have used them on many occasions, and would do so again, but saftey wise they are not in the same class as BA and Quantas. They appear to have developed a rather careless disregarde for their clients lifes of late. I would rather have a competent flight crew than cute trolley dollies, still you pay your money and you make your choice. ::

Archived