singapore airlines

Hi chaps.

Can anyone tell me how Singapore airlines comnpares to other carriers such as Royal Brunei, Quantas, BA. also does anyone know how many hours flight time between Singapore and BKK? I usually fly RB but in this case its any port in a storm.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N400,

I cannot compare SQ with Royal Brunei or Qantas but with Malaysian or Thai. The service is excellent (better than MH or TG) and the girls are beautiful and very service minded. The flight time between Singapore and Bangkok is roughly 2 hours 15 minutes.

Thanks JP1.

That sounds good. sounds like SAL is on par with RB which is a notch above Thai for comfort/roominess and hostee atractiveness. I was lucky as it was the only xmas flight i could get at such short notice from Australia. :up:

sounds like SAL is on par with RB which is a notch above Thai for comfort/roominess and hostee atractiveness. I was lucky as it was the only xmas flight i could get at such short notice from Australia.

N400,

Have flown both airlines at least 6 times, and SQ is WAY WAY WAY ahead of R.Brunei, (and most other airlines for that matter)... for a start, the SQ aircraft are much younger than the Brunei fleet... and as for the cabin crew? Well, if you think the Brunei cabin crew are gorgeous... wait til you see the Singapore girls... 90% of them model material IMHO. :hubba:

thanks TB and FP,

In hindsight i should have just got one of the resident travel agents on the board to chase a ticket for me rather than deal with the hapless crew at flightcentre. They are so predictable when you walk in and ask for a ticket to BKK. The women look like they wan't to spit at you and the men always say " 3 weeks in BKK eh ...eh eh."

I am definately looking forward to the singapore girls. I still can't work out how they shoehorn the RB girls into those outfits.

As for BA/Qantas... they are the worst airline ...reminds me of a cattlecar but those mouthy fat old pigs they call flight attendants are an aberation.

SIA is just about as good as it gets. The number of stories I hear and have observed myself about service is incredible. On my first flight with them the guy next to me asked if a certain drink was bottled or made by hand and the flight attendant's response was "for you sir, it's any way you like". That sets a nice tone for a trip. I asked for a certain magazine which they didn't have and the flight attendant apologized, then took out a pen and offered to send the next issue to my home! They also keep only the newest jets, preferring to sell even slightly older ones and replace them with new. I was on a flight with Steven Seagal once, so this must be the choice for the stars too. He got special treatment upon arrival; rather than having to wait in line at immigration, they whisked him over to an area to go straight through! There was a lawsuit against them a few years ago that I'm not sure how it concluded, but it was something to the effect they only hired beautiful young women and went to the extent of terminating flight attendants who start to age! Amazing airline for sure, all except that one incident with the Malaysian pilot who tried to take off on the wrong runway in a storm.

[color:"red"] I was on a flight with Steven Seagal once, so this must be the choice for the stars too. He got special treatment upon arrival; rather than having to wait in line at immigration, they whisked him over to an area to go straight through!

[/color]

Well they wouldn't want to upset that big bully would they!! :clown:

Jacko

yes a gross exageration on my part...i should have said "the worst I have flown on"...BA is probabaly marginally better than Air Uzsbeckistan. BA does seem to prefer the wide bodied aging cabin crew though.

Escape rabbit.

Looks like I got lucky for a change. :up: thanks for the info.

Archived