singapore airlines

>I think not, personally I would rather endure a mouthy fat old pig for a few hours than hit a maintanance vehicle at take off speed

That was a mistake anyone can make, I would not judge SQ's procedures and competence on that.

Clocked up 600K miles with QF/BA/AA and I am finding SQ to be on pair in safety and maintenance.

The most tangible difference is the beauty and young age of their cabin crew. Although I love it, IMO, that's not enough to judge an airline...but... All other things equal (and I think they are a world class airline), SQ could be more pleasant to fly with than other world leading airlines.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should know that if you choose to fly Singpore Airlines around Sep 11 your check in luggage will be searched by thoroughly at time of checkin. At the airport this is the only airline I've seen that goes through this extra procedure around the anniversary of Sep 11. They are still hand searching all checked in luggage this way at Don Muang.

Do these BA's criticisms apply to Qantas BKK->MEL?

I plan to take a flight o Melbourne shortly and I'm wondering who is the best carrier to fly with. The last time I flew the Rome bound Qantas flight it was all pretty much smooth sailing.

I would never fly BA to the UK though.

If you want "heffers" try flying NWA from the US sometime.

Steffi,

BA/QF are pretty good really..I just always feel a little cramped. Everytime i have booked on a Qantas flight from Australia to BKK I have always been put on a BA flight as they seem to have a partnership going. I just have an aversion to bossy farang women thats all. ::

Says matty:

Wow just got my flight ticket well quick considering i dont leave for another 7 weeks ,one thing that i am curious about is that it is a class "w " ticket does anyone know what this means ??

Regards

Matty

Hi Matty,

The airlines use many letters to represent the different classes of fares.

F/J= First class

Y Econony

W and so on are usually for advanced bookings as is your ticket and or packaged holiday tickets..ie: you book a flight through a travel agent and they book the whole lot..flights/accommodation with a wholsaler.

So is not a full fare..in otherwords a discounted ticket.

The flight will have many different class of fares...the guy next to you may have paid nearly double your price as he booked much later,,but still in economy class section of the aircraft.

Says matty:

Wow just got my flight ticket well quick considering i dont leave for another 7 weeks ,one thing that i am curious about is that it is a class "w " ticket does anyone know what this means ??

Regards

Matty

Mattty,

W is cheapest of cheapest class possible in economy, no upgrades possible, first chance to get kick off if overbooked........

Cheers !

Says Norfloxacin 400:

W for watercloset? either that or wing?

Hi NF400

The airlines have not yet anyway..started booking pax in the WC. :grinyes:

Nice idea...we can send requests for seating ..IE exit row/bulk head/near galley etc...so why not wc?

Would love to see what the vendor remarks would come back as :)

W just a booking class to show the fare basis btw

When airlines use each other they call it code share..can be on a BA appliance but a ticket issued on QF paper.

Another way to get bums on seats and save a few dollars.

Flew with air vanuatu once and the welcome message went on forever...welcome and all the code shares :doah:

A great party airline..the booze trolly is rolling way up till they start to approach :drunk:

SQ's seat pitch (the space between your seat and the one in fornt) is the worst of any major airline. Its an average of 31" in economy on a 747 with an equally annoying little footrest that scrapes your shins and serves no useful purpose if you are more than 5" tall. Thai seat pitch on 747's is 34" - those 3" start to make a difference after a couple of hours. Also one other annoying thing about SQ is that the middle seat always seems to have the electric box under that seat which means you cannot stretch your legs under the seat in front of you. having said that, thats the price to pay for having the best in flight entertainment (movies and audio on demand over about 30 channels). TG has none of that and neither do Royal Brunei to my knowledge. Overall, great product but if your big you will suffer comfort wise more than on almost any other airline.

Cheers

Archived