NPF Champions League

ultras67

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says sayjann:

:sleeping:

when are Rangers going to play in a proper league?

ooooh dont get me started on the Old Firm for EPL discussion, we will be here all night.

Says sayjann:

all those trophies mean nothing in England,Spain,Italy etc when most countries have more than 2 teams capable of winning things.

unlike england of course where Man U have won 8 or 9 out of the last 10 league titles and dont care about the other trophies, or Spain where Madrid have dominated or Italy where its been AC Milan / Juve.

Says sayjann:

Rangers and Celtic will never be allowed into the PL because the powers that be know they will never be good enough to last a full season in the PL.

More likely that they wont be let in because other smaller clubs will be given the boot. I would think that for the first few years we would be mid/lower half of the table ( with an occasional top6 ) until the tv money really kicked in.

Most fans, given a choice of Man U v Rangers or Man U v Leicester would go for the 1st. TV money will drive this eventually, nothing else and UEFA will have nothing to say about it.

Anyway, this sounds like a discussion we should have over a beer or 5 one night :beer:. should prove entertaining

in Scotland there a few teams capable of breaking the monopoly of Rangers and Celtic.

Aberdeen were the last team to really threaten their dominance when Fergie was manager.

in Spain,Italy and England there are teams capable of winning the league.

if they fall away with a whimper(Liverpool comes to mind)their failure.

the question of Rangers and Celtic joining the PL is not just about money.

would it be fair if any English team was kicked out the PL to accomodate them?.

last Season would it have been fair if after 46 games,Pompey and Leicester were told 'well done lads,great season,but we are not allowing you promotion this season,Celic and Rangers are the chosen ones'?

if any foreign team wants to join the PL,should they start at the bottom in the 3rd Division and earn their place?.

but money will eventually talk and in a few years i can see a European Superleague.

the CL was a 1st step towards this and while the format has been changed a little this season,the big teams will always be n comand behind the scenes.

but i do have to laugh and shake my head in wonder after the defection of Peter Kenyon to Chelsea.

because he is a Vice-Chairman of G-14 Chelsea want to join the group.

not because of what they have done on the field of play,but because one of their latest signings was awarded a huge payrise.

silly times...... :down:

• 2 weeks later...

apols for the late update but here is the Tuesday and Wednesday scores

Tuesday

Team Manager..................T.....M......R.................P

1 playskool#1off, JB Jecker.......10,.13,..14,164..........66

2 zion fc, zion...........................1,.19,..14,760.........65

3 All Blacks, racha 1...................3,.24,..23,107..........60

4 Atletico Phitsanulok, Z Batista...2,.19,..28,449..........57

5 Bangkok Blues,ultras 67.......... 0,.15,..31,147...........55

6 PM's Yankees,Pom Michael.......0,.15,..33,100...........54

7 The Randomisers, i mclachlan.. 1,.11,..45,484............48