Anybody on this board with thai citizenship?

Pescator

Hi Oran,

All right. Yes, I am sure that there are some out there. Just never met anyone, but then again I have no access to the kind of society you are living in.

Wonder if there is any available statistics concerning farangs with thai citizenship?

I recall talking to a belgian guy with a GH on Koh Phi Phi. He had lived in Thailand for decades. He told me that in order to obtain a citizenship he would have to pay like 200k??

That was 10 years ago. Is that to your knowledge correct?

By the way the post should be about nationality, not citizenship

Well, I made the poll so I set the terms and that includes the choice of words ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Guest lazyphil

<<that's quite normal for most expats who live and work abroad. They do pay all kind of taxes but do not have voting rights>>

I understand this. But surely if you commit and are loyal to a country for years, in this case LOS then it must smart not being able to vote??.... Expats who shift around a bit throughout Asia for example obviously dont qualify to feel like needing to vote as they are not in a country long enough. I guess you can still vote by mail in 'your' home country though, that said some long timers considor LOS home ::

Archived