Anybody on this board with thai citizenship?

Pescator

I have never met any farangs with thai citizenship, only pakistanis, chinese and indians and quite a few of those by the way.

I thought it would be interesting to know how many farang if any on this board holds one.

My gut feeling is that there are none, but this poll could prove me wrong.

A thai citizenship sure would come in handy for those living in LOS especially after the 1st of July next year when the new visa regulations are introduced.

Thai Citizenship

I am farang with thai citizenship

I am farang with dual citizenship one of which is thai

I could become a thai citizen but have chosen not to.

I would like to become a thai citizen but cannot

cheers

Hua Nguu

Disclaimer

Someone tried to make a similar poll in my name, but he/she fucked it up as he forgot to put in the code for the Poll Stop :doah:

As you have already guessed that wasnt me, I simply forgot to log out of the internet shop and someone...I am sure it was that 8 year old girl with the ponytail who pretended to be sooo innocent.

I wouldnt make such a stupid mistake - ever ...err.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PalatKik,

No, there is not. And mayby there should have been. But I made this poll mainly to find out if there were any farang on this board with a thai citizenship, which I assumed there was not.

If you cannot be a thai citizen then you don`t have the option of a choice anyway.

And it was this choice that would interest me.

And if it wasn`t for the thai laws concerning owning property and visa regulations I seriously doubt that anyone holding a western citizenship would exchange it for a thai one.

I for one certainly would not regardless of visa and property issues.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

There are quite a number of farang with Thai nationality. The boss at minor group comes to mind but I know a few others as well.

By the way the post should be about nationality, not citizenship.

I am a citizen here, but don't have Thai nationality.

Says lazyphil:

I would find it a very bitter pill to swallow living in a country where you'd pay taxes yet you cant vote ::

LP,

that's quite normal for most expats who live and work abroad. They do pay all kind of taxes but do not have voting rights.

Says lazyphil:

I would find it a very bitter pill to swallow living in a country where you'd pay taxes yet you cant vote

Hi lp,

As far as I know, in the UK if you are not an EU or Commonwealth citizen you cannot vote, although if you are living and working there you would pay taxes, so Thailand is no different to many other places. In fact, I'm not sure that even Non-UK EU citizens can always vote.

Khwai

Archived