Hurricane Isabel Batters Eastern US

Seriously, take care of yourself man. :hug:

Thanks, I'll take care but was worries me is that I intend to leave for Europe on Monday morning. The way it looks right now my trip has to be cancelled. I still hope that the typhoon changes its track within the next 24 hours, if not I stay over here.

hope all the members in Japan are OK......

Right now we're still okay but this cyclone will affect us within the next 24 to 36 hours. I'm sure it will not cause too much damage (average wind speed about 140-150 km/h) but air traffic will be paralyzed. :cussing:

For me, in central Virginia, now in 3rd day of no electricity, no water, all food in refrigerator gone bad, cooking over a fire, cannot get out of my neighborhood due to downed trees and electrical lines.

HELP

Back in America 1 week after 14 glorius weeks in Thailand. I thought last week was bad with no girl, but this ... :help::(

Hi Khun Kong,

I saw the devastation on CNN. But you?ve got electricity again? How could you post here without it?

Meanwhile Typhoon Choi-wan or No. 15 as it?s called over here has slightly changed direction into an ENE direction. It?s raining cats and dogs right now but if the typhoon keeps it?s present track we?ll see no landfall in Eastern Japan. :)

Hi,

Our work was closed on Thurs. and Fri., no water, no electricity.

At home, we lost several trees and no power for 52 hours. Our house has a well, so no power means no water, never thought I would feel so inhuman without a shower that long, now I think we should build an out-house!!! :( It is a bit disturbing that around our area, there is no shelter, what are we paying tax for?

Jasmine

torneyboy -

Sorry for the late response.

"Glad you are OK...no property damage at your house?"

The house is fine, other than some tree limbs and assorted garbage blown into my yard, nothing too bad on my property. My good friend down the street had 7 trees come down. The 3 in his yard are bad enough, but 4 came down from county property behind his house and partially landed in his backyard which also crushed a large part of his new fence which he had just paid for. The tree removal company quoted him an ungodly 7,500 USD to remove the trees. At an apartment complex down the road from me, 3 huge trees crushed a bunch of cars in the parking lot.

I am still surprised at the extent of the damage in my area. So many trees and wires came down that it is hard for me to believe that 60-70 MPH wind gusts caused all this. We had Geico, State Farm and Allstate insurance cars all over my neigborhood this past weekend and one of the theories floated by some of the agents is that the Hurricane spawned a small tornado in my area that might have caused some of the additional damage. Who knows. Driving around, I saw similar damage in other neighborhoods as well.

As of my typing this late Tuesday night the power is still out for quite a few people in my area in Northern Virginia. We got electric back awhile ago, but many people are still stuck without. DC still has a big number left in the dark after all these days. To make matters worse, we had a massive rainstorm come through the region last night leaving a fair bit of street and stream flooding for this mornings rush hour. It was a zoo.

Oh well, such is life.

Archived