She had no teeth

I don't know where to start. I suppose I should start with the Thermae. All my stories seem to start at the Thermae. Sorry. Not all. Some start out in the sewer and the sewer is where they belong. But then. I don't like to boast.

She was sitting there sipping a rum and coke. She looked really bad. I won't say she was ugly but she looked bad. She looked as though life had taken her up the servant's entrance on more than the odd occasion. She looked like she'd seen her fair share of over the counter penicillin and under the counter slimming pills. But I have to be honest. I kind of liked this about her.

I sidled up to her in my usual irresistible Thermae manner.

"Hi." I said.

"Why you think I want talk with you ?" She said.

"Because, my love, I have a five hundred baht note in my pocket and I think it has your name on it."

"If has my name on it is my money. Give it back."

Her logic was beyond dispute so I handed over the money. I didn't want any trouble.

"You very stupid farang. I like you." She said and smiled. It was only then I noticed that her teeth were sparkling white. This was a pair of gnashers to be proud of.

"I have a room. Maybe you could show me just how much you like me back at my place."

"Fuck you."

I thought maybe my charm was failing me. "Sorry. Forget it."

"No. I fuck you. But you give me more money."

"How much money ?"

"You buy me gold. Then I fuck you."

"Ah. Gold. I think. Sorry. I can't afford it."

"Okay. Forget the gold. You buy me breakfast. I like you farang."

"The name's Turk."

"My name Fang."

"Fang !"

Then she sidled up to me so I could feel her hot fetid breath on my cheek. "I very good smoking."

All right all right. We all know where this story's going. I don't want to drag it out. The teeth, so perfect and white, were of the removable kind. She'd been in a fight with a water buffalo aged six and lost the lot.

Thing is. She was very good smoking. Smoking was her gift. I had to beg her to stop. I was afraid she'd wear it away. When I came she just kept at it as if this was a minor manor. There used to be this story about hookers getting high protein diets from all that semen. She had a three course meal off me. The odd thing was was that she wouldn't let me touch her vagina. It wasn't until dawn that I got a peek. I guess the water buffalo had done something down there too because I'd never seen such a scarred up cunt in my life. It looked as if it had been through a threshing machine.

"Why you look me."

"Sorry. I didn't mean. I..."

"You think I ladyman."

"No. I just wanted to know."

"Man do to me. ugly na."

"Sorry."

"I think you give me money now."

"Yes. I give you money now."

And I gave her the money and she was dressed and gone.

This was a few days ago. She wasn't beautiful. She wasn't even pretty. But I've been in the thermae every night since trying to find her.

If you ever meet a fucked up girl with false teeth and a scarred cunt named Fang please tell her that Turk would like to see her again.

Dear Turk,

I think your stories deserve a deeper judgement.

First of all your stories are great. I read them again and again. And they make me smile, they make me laugh,

they make me yelling and screaming in delight, they make me laughing my ass off.

And they make me contemplative.

Although it is deep night now and I'd better go to bed, I cannot detach myself from enjoying your stories.

We had many good storytellers here on this board during the last years, but now I think you are the best of all.

I downloaded your stories and I made printouts so that I can study your writing style.

I had many comparable, similar adventures and experiences like you and some weeks ago I started writing such stories in my mother language (German). Here I can learn a lot about a special writing technique.

What makes your stories so delightful, so witty, amusing, funny, humorous?

Which elements do place these stories above the many others we had on this board?

There are three points which make these stories so amusing and interesting.

1. First there is this very special point of view of the narrator. He does not take himself seriously!!! And he does not palliate anything.

2. Then there is this subtle and dry humor, which is running throughout all stories. This kind of humor makes us

laugh not only about the girls but about the narrator, too; and about the situations, which are comic.

3. And then the stories are full of an undaunted truthful humanity. This humanity in combination with the fine humor stands above the persons and the situations and we see them in a mild and lenient mood.

This is - in my humble opinion - the secret of those nice stories.

A deeper thruth appears in these little stories: they convey a message of human solidary, brotherly love, all-comprising universality.

I hope we get more examples of your writing skills in the future.

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Charly

One night in Hamburg

makes a hard man humble

We have got another great story from TurkFist with "The Girl With the Come in Her Hair".

Thanks for that!

Here are some thoughts about these stories:

In all his stories the narrator is the victim!

He was sucked by a girl with no teeth.

He was fucked in a bar in Patpong and therefore didn't get the job.

He was hooked by an enchanting door girl who really showed herself in her true and peculiar colours after he paid the bar for her.

He was downright used and fucked by a poisoned girl with an irrepressible sex drive.

He was the immolation of a nice looking girl with a boyfriend in farlang land, who could only be satisfied by the bizarre sex technique of "fistfucking".

And he is a victim of his excessive takings of alcohol, sometimes.

But nevertheless the reader can identify himself with the hero of those stories. This guy of these little tales and what happens to him is liked by the reader. He is a nice guy; the guy next door. He is a sort of "Anti Humphrey Bogart Type". That is why he is so pleasant for us readers. He is overwhelmed by the girls and the situations and he looses the control and then he falls victim of the girls. But he never looses his humanity and his humor. The humor is the soul of these little stories.

Now I want to say something about the laughing caused by these stories.

(now it is getting a little bit complicated, sorry for my limited English)

First of all, nobody in these stories is laughed at or derided; not our hero and not the girls. There is no gloating or malicious joy.

We laugh about the situation and about the speaking and acting persons. It is a sort of a healthy or an unrepressed laugh.

Humor is not only something which brings us pleasure but it is at the same time something magnificent and edifying.

The speciality of humor is the triumph of our narcissism, the victoriously maintained inviolability of the person (the I).

The situation we are in maybe horrible, dreadful and unpleasant, but the person (the I) refuses being insulted or distressed by this uncomfortable situation.It even wins pleasure from the situation, because it upraises with humor over the situation.

It draws a pleasure (a gain of lust) from this situation by raising above it and seeing it humorously.

The pleasure principle maintains ground against the disfavor of real conditions.

And exactly this happens in the stories.

PS: Dear Turk, I forgive you the comparison with the SS officer.

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Charly

One night in Hamburg

makes a hard man humble

If anything, Turk?s writing style mirrors that of Jim Thompson?s (not the JT of silk fame but the mystery/crime author whose roster of books includes ?The Grifters? and ?The Killer Inside Me?). If you enjoy this type of report then may I suggest you check out some of Big Jim?s work and see why I am making the association here.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived