Body Snatchers of Bangkok

Torneyboy

I agree and my comment about taxing the bgs to fund it was tongue in cheek (nobody cared to take the piss out of me on this ). But its the governments responsibility to make sure something is in place for its people. I simply cant believe they cant do this, its down to apathy.

Hi LP

How dare you suggest the BGs be taxed :onfire: :banghead::grinyes:

However....why not allocate say 50-100 THB of the departure tax to an emergency service...i think this tax is a mickey mouse tax in all countries btw.

I am with you..i cant believe it either..i had no idea at all.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>But its the governments responsibility to make sure something is in place for its people. I simply cant believe they cant do this, its down to apathy.<<<

well, what can i say?

i think it would be a very good thing if those volonteers would get some sort of a salary from the government, cars to use with proper equipment, etc.

but i am not really part of the government, what do i know?

i just try to look at the positive side, and that is that there is a fairly good fuctioning rescue service in place here, wherever the funding come from, with thousands of very dedicated people who spend most of their free time performing that service.

i doubt that anything close to that exists in places like burma, laos or indonesia.

and, by the way, that has been built up by the chinese immigrants here. they may dominate the economy here, but they do also give back to the society.

Guest lazyphil

I understand more now, thanks. But should it be down to what are good people. We're talking basics in society, fire and rescue etc. Seems the gov just sit back and say its taken care of so why should we bother??.....Got cops running round killing people for possesion of narcotics though ::

>>>I would love to go a weekend with a rescue team in Bangkok and experience it all first hand.<<<

why don't you think about volonteering?

i have recently met one farang who was inspired by the metro article to volonteer there, they put him in one of the ambulances at first, sent him to get training as well.

Hi Fly

If ..lets say these volunteers were not out there....what would happen?

Something must surely...can''t just leave bodies all over the place.

I guess it would fall back to the police to do the work?

Trying to get some input from my wife as well tonight.

She knows about this,and said someone she knows went to australia to talk about ambulances for Thailand....not sure if she meant the government or private (funds or donation from groups here) not sure what she means.

Guest lazyphil

My sister worked an A&E in a London hospital and had to inform a guy who woke up with no legs after a bus ran him over that he had no legs now. I couldn't do what these guys do in bkk as the sight of blood does strange things to me :banghead:......mind you when me and a mate got bored years ago and when I had my Lancia we used to wait outside the firestation and follow them to wherever they were going :doah: :: :o

Archived