portable aircon

iuytrede

Define 'portable'??

As in 100 kilo fit in window, plug in wall, need 6 strong Thais to carry up the stairs, get in place portable?

Must be lots in dept stores in Bkk. If in CM I could direct you to several.

OK, you got me on that one. Never even seen one.

Have you seen them in LOS ? If not where ?

Maybe contact StoneSoup ... he's the cooling expert here. Maybe give you a lead.

just went to Central Chitlom, they have 2, the better one is a Japanese brand with 7700 BTU.

How useful are 7700 BTU?

The leaflet says this is measured without fitting the "exhaust pipe" - is it actually possible to run this thing without the hose?

BTW HomePro and Lotus didnt have anything

Hi Danish30,

you are right if you think about the room temperature as an average. I saw it demonstrated in a shop without the hose - it can be used that way as a personal ac and take down the temperature 10-15 degrees around yourself, however rest of the room will be hotter. The average temperature same same. BTW, the humidity level was decreased - produced 1.5 l of water in one hour.

elef

PS To use the ac withoiut a hose is of course stupid!

PS To use the ac withoiut a hose is of course stupid!

For sure. Not too bright to have it blowing cool on one side and hot out the other. :grinyes:

OK maybe in a pinch in a sealed environment, but physics says over time the overal BTUs in the room will rise. (Heat from the compressor working)

Industry standards suggest 12,000 BTUs for 400 sq feet (sorry chaps my info is not metric)

An 8,000 BTU unit should quite easily handle 250-300 Sq feet.

FYI 12,000 BTUs is the amount of energy require to melt a ton of ice at freeing point. :beer:

Keep cool ::

Archived