portable aircon

iuytrede

IMO,& i ain't no thermo dynamics guy, :banghead:

1 & 2 I don't see having any noticable effect, within reason,,,,the longer the hose the greate the resistance, so the harder the fan works to exhaust it....just watch for any signs of overheating the motor.

#3....so where is the exhaust hot air supposed to go?

sure some of it will be radiated into the floor above, depending on it's composition, but its got to find a way out, or he will just come back where it came from. Plus your neighbour might not appreciate damp warm air permeating his floor.

If you have no window opening ability, how about the exhaust in the kitchen or bathroom .... then at least it has an escape route

again I'm no expert, just work in setting up remote site camps, so the basics all have to be there. Hope this helps. Lets us know.......there may be some funny stories ahead. :grinyes:

There is a unit made here in Thailand by Central Air Conditioning that uses a thermal blanket around the bed and the unit just cools the bed area. Any of the thousands of air conditioner shops that sell Central equipment should be able to supply.

As for BTU requirements. 8k is not going to cool any room much larger than a WC here. This is Thailand. The walls are not insulated. The ceiling is a hot pot. Think at least 13k for a large ground floor bedroom or 18k upstairs.

Archived