Perfect Pattaya Hotel - help please

torrenova

I just visited the site you mentioned and it seems to work fine for me.

I learned prices are now 750B in the 'old' building and 1200B in the 'new' one (where is the new building?). Standard rooms there used to go for 640 and that price held for years. From the pictures on their website the place looks the same to me with the same old combination TV & lighting control console next to the beds. I do recall they had an extensive renovation several years ago.

It has been about five years since I stayed there and at that time the rooms had only keyed light-duty security boxes - not electronic safes. Must say they did a good job though of taking your companions ID and giving you a call from the front desk before they would release it to the owner? I liked this policy.

I recall an incident where they wouldn't allow two deaf girls I met in the Marine disco to leave one morning. Seems the girls didn't recall my room number and with their handicap they had a hard time communicating this to the desk. They had to wait about 20 minutes before I got a call inquiring if I knew them.

Both my stays there were on the upper floors facing the pool. Good balcony views and nicely furnished rooms considering the price. I definitely would avoid the ones facing 2nd road. One big problem with the place is the entire building seems to be crawling with cockroaches. Unless things have changed for the better, I would especially avoid eating there unless you enjoy consuming live bugs (I've read sanuker reports of what a bargain their breakfast buffet is :))?

Enjoy,

ST

Says torrenova:

Chongnoi,

Do you have a good link or agent for the Lek. All I have is this shit:

I think you might be stuck with the "shit" provided by your link. I took a look based upon viewing the url and then just walked in to see what it was like. Took a look at the room and took it. I got an email addy from another site and phone numbers as follows: lek_hotel@hotmail.com; 038 425 52; 038 426 629. (Just now noticed that they have "baby sitting" available...wonder if sitters are available "short time" and where they will sit. ::)

Be sure to ask for a room in the new wing, given what another poster has mentioned. (No bugs in my room.) Like the old wing, I think the rooms also think they have a balcony overlooking the pool. (Also have rooms on the "backside" of the new wing which don't overlook the pool, if that matters.) One thing I found with my room was that they don't have "blackout"-type curtains. Thus, at 0900 hours, the sun is shining in pretty strong for me.

Didn't eat there, but at breakfast and dinner times seemed to be VERY busy.

The newer wing is perpendicular to the old one...runs along the north(?) end of the pool/restaurant. The rooms are definitely newer than 5 years...could almost still smell the paint. None of the pics on the site noted match the room I had. They should update their product info. Yeah, 1200 plus tax is probably what I paid. It was around 1400 total anyway. Not gonna quibble over a few hundred baht spread over 3 nights in search of the "ultimate" room while my driver cruises Pattaya. Bottom line...I'd stay there again without looking any further.

Pe7e,

Thanks for that. It looks quite good for Bt650 per night. Unfortunately, it is in near enough the same location as the Residence Garden which is the main reason for not staying there again. Also no pool by the looks of things. Still, seems a good bet for the money.

Roof Garden Inn is a nice place. I stayed there last year for a few weeks. On Terranovas list though it would be missing in location, pool and bathtub. Also no elevator if that is important to you. The pic's on thier site do not lie. Very clean and a great staff.

Gren

The Roof Garden is a beautiful place but a real pain in the arse to get to. I had booked for two weeks but only stayed for four days. While the Residence Garden is a short walk this place is way past the Residence on the Jomtien road. You have to get a songtow every time you want to go anywhere.

It would be great if you do not plan to hit the bars every night.

Uniformguy

Archived