NFL / NPL Week 4

Brink15

Well I guess I'm primed to be this weeks low scoring loser thanks to the most pathetic games by the Niners and the Falcons I've had the misfortune to witness in a long, long time.

I pray that Vick will be back soon as Doug Johnson is a dickless wonder. He has one of the most talented receivers and still doesn't try to get the ball to him. :banghead:

And F**king Garcia and the Niners D. How can you both post negative numbers. You guys may as well book your early holiday plans for December because your not going anywhere but home for the holidays. No wonder Owens is pissed. :cussing:

I was sorry to see Mr. Bing's Kitties lose a very tough game in which they showed they are on the right track under Mariucci's leadership. :up:

What a week. Well on to next week for me.

Certainly a strange week. Still 2 tight matchups with one tie score and one only 2 points off going into Monday nights game.

At first glance, my game looks like an easy blowout with me getting a 35 point win, but it was actually anything but. First, I was decimated by injuries. Both my star RB's (Edge James and Portis) sat out as did my starting QB Culpepper. With my backup QB Fiedler haveing a bye week it was nervous time for sure.

My saving grace was that I was lucky enough to be matched with the lowest scoring team in the league. Even so, I still could have lost. Pom Michael had both Holcomb and Couch on his roster but left Holcomb starting the fantasy game even though Couch was playing in the real game. Had he made the change, Couch would have gotten him around 20 points. On my side of the ball, Culpepper was a gametime decision to play or not, and I made the switch to Kitna (a last minute pick-up) about 10 minutes before gametime. Kitna threw 3 td's and gave me 26 points.

Point is, I could have easily lost this week if I was a little less on top of my roster and my opponent was a little more on top of his. Motto: KEEP UP WITH YOUR TEAM!!! (although I admit to hoping that Pom Michael would be distracted before gametime...but Couch was named starter 3 days before the game)

No major injuries to report this week. (yea!!!) Next week, we have byes coming to Baltimore, Houston, Jets, and St Louis, so particularily Rams and Ravens holders have some changed to make. (unless of course you happen to be playing me)

I believe that Jimmy Smith of the Jags has now completed his suspension for substance abuse (I think it was a 4 week penalty) and may be eligable to play next week. God willing, so will Culpepper, James, and Portis.

See you next week!!!

Yes I certainly think the MCK's are on track for a bright future , they are still 2-3 years away , but they sure look different than when MartyNumbNuts was at the controls.

As for my Soapy's , I was on a 0800 flight sunday to Vegas for some monday / tuesday biz and missed the ESPN pre-game show , had I seen that , I'm sure Moss and Mcnabb would have been starting , not that would have made a difference , but WTF , there's always next week , and Costa Rica in 3 weeks :grinyes:

BadalovesthemlatinasBing :hubba:

ItsMeDave,

12 cities in 15 days makes playing fantasy footie a bit difficult in normal times, and unfortunately (public) web access isn't as widespread in the USA as it is in other countries.

Don't really need to pay USD 20.00 / hour to a hotel business center just for the privilege to check emails and update my players.

I did however get a chance to see Michigan play (and lose) along with the Buckeyes play (and win).

Cheers !

Says Pom Michael:

I did however get a chance to see Michigan play (and lose) along with the Buckeyes play (and win).

Cheers !

ummmmmmm , Nov. 22 , mark your calendar , and maybe a bottle of our favorite whiskey may be wagered ??? :drunk:

BadareallyhatesohiostateBing :neener:

I heard some speculation that the coaches had discouraged McNabb from running to lessen the risk of injury after he broke his leg last season. Maybe that is good advice but he can really put the freeze on the linebackers and safeties with that threat to pull it down and run down field. He can be very effective with this ability and hopefully the Eagle offense will be back on track. In spite of what Limbaugh might say about him, he's on of the NFL's best. :bow:

Week 5, results still not online yet as of 4 pm BKK time.

Flying Couch: Backup QB leads Browns to 33-13 thumping of Steelers :: :neener:

:eek: But then I just remembered that I didn't change my starting QB again this week! :banghead:

:o: Time to fire the manager :down:

But wait, also noticed the Michigan score !

#9 Michigan (27) at #23 Iowa (30) :devil:

I'm waiting for 22 November! :grinyes:

Cheers! :beer:

Archived