Japan's 3-day orgy enrages Chinese

gobbledonk

Just because Japan doesn't open the doors to all in sundry like other countries doesn't mean it isn't tolerant of foreigners

I think we're singing from the same hym book here. Japans policy is one of pretty much nill / zero immigration, of course for the bods who have married a Japanese they are granted some form of citizenship ( They have little choice here ) but on the whole as you stated they dont allow immigration.

True? What planet are you living on? Your sweeping generalisation is based on the comments of ONE girl???

I've had this conversation with 3 Japanese girls and they have all echoed the same sentiment, they all pulled a face when I asked them if they would date a Korean guy and then verbally stated no!

You incorrecly assumed I had only spoken to one Jap girl about this, I have only chastised one, a drew her attention to her own remarks when she was accusing the UK press of gross racism .

On what do you base your comments, may I humbly ask?

I don't understand your question.

STH :eek:

Peace, Roppongi :)

Both STH and yourself have some good points - proving them is never going to be easy. The same policies which countries like Singapore and Hong Kong have been forced to adopt to limit the influx of people wanting some of the pie suddenly take on a more sinister tint when applied to the Japanese (at least from my xenophobic view of the world).

The enmity between Koreans and Japanese is undeniable, and I dont believe that it is all one-way traffic. Ask Korean women if they'd consider marrying a Japanese guy and you may get a similar response - luckily, this is rarely justification for a fullscale war :grinyes:

Guest lazyphil

This bitchin' between Korea and Japan or Japan and China etc is a load of bollox and shows despite how advanced their economy/culture is their just like little children. Now we had a big barny with the USA a while back and if Beyonce wanted to jump in my bed I'd forget all about our past conflicts :hubba:.....On a serious note it seems to me Asians are some of the biggest racists going....... look at India, they have untouchables for gods sake...but its culture I'll be told!!

I've had this conversation with 3 Japanese girls and they have all echoed the same sentiment, they all pulled a face when I asked them if they would date a Korean guy and then verbally stated no!

Well I know a girl in my office dating a Korean, I know two Japanese guys married to Koreans. I know a Korean girl who's taken Japanese citizenship...

Guys, the feelings between the younger generations of Korea, Japan and China are no where near as bad as what the Western media spins.

Zillions of Korean and Chinese students living here, Chinese and Korean food is hugely popular. Korea is one of the top travel destinations for Japanese.

The Japanese government is selective (racist?) with who it offers citizenship. In theory, you have to have lived here so many years, pass a language test etc. But there are many exceptions. One memorable one was when Japan decided to get serious about the America's Cup. A shortage of skilled yachties and the fact that they had to be Japanese nationals to sail for the country presented a small problem. Solution? Give a foreign skipper (Chris Dickson of New Zealand I believe) citizenship. Don't think he'd stepped foot in the country and here he was gaining citizenship.

Similar story with this bloody seal that keeps popping up in the murky waters of Yokohama's canals. The local government put on this huge media event to award the thing resident status! Caused a huge uproar with many foreigners who had been campaigning for resident's rights for years.

Back to the orgy. That Mama san sure hit the jackpot!

as Roppongi says-back to the orgy

BEIJING - A Chinese who allegedly organised a sex orgy for hundreds of Japanese tourists during a sensitive World War II

anniversary has been arrested after fleeing to Hunan province, state media reported yesterday.

The suspect was not identified but the man in custody was said to be the ringleader who had helped about 400 Japanese engage 500

prostitutes for a three-day romp at a luxury hotel in the southern Chinese city of Zhuhai from Sept 16 to 18.

The scale and timing of the incident has provoked widespread anger in China, where Sept 18 is still remembered by many as being a

day of 'national humiliation'.

Japanese forces started occupying north-east China on Sept 18, 1931, and many Chinese have interpreted this latest incident as a

bid to humiliate China.

The ringleader reportedly fled from Zhuhai to neighbouring Hunan province after Chinese media carried racy reports on the orgy. He

was arrested on Sunday in the province's Huitong county.

About 50 prostitutes allegedly involved in the orgy had also been arrested by police yesterday, according to state media reports,

while police in southern Guangdong province announced over the weekend that they had arrested other suspects involved with the orgy.

It remained unclear how those arrested were connected with the alleged ringleader.

The Zhuhai International Convention Centre Hotel, where the alleged incident took place, had also been shut down indefinitely for

investigations.

When contacted, Guangdong police and government officials declined to comment and would only say that they were still investigating

the case, where many details remained murky.

However, the Chinese authorities continued to take the case seriously despite suggestions that accounts of the orgy in the Chinese

media could have been exaggerated.

On Monday, China's Foreign Ministry summoned a Japanese Embassy official in Beijing to make a formal protest.

Officials described the incident as an 'abominable' act that had 'hurt the feelings of the Chinese people' and 'severely damaged'

Japan's international image.

An online report on the China Daily's website yesterday said the Japanese official expressed regret over the incident and hoped

that it would not hurt Sino-Japanese relations.

In Tokyo, Japanese Foreign Minister Yoriko Kawaguchi said officials were looking into the allegations, adding that the incident, if

true, was 'extremely regrettable'.

She told reporters: 'If this is true, even before the legal question, this is a more fundamental problem.

'That people would go all the way to a foreign country to injure women's dignity is extremely regrettable.'

The Japanese media, which have also given prominent coverage to the controversy, quoted the president of an Osaka construction firm

as saying his company had organised for 288 staff to visit the Zhuhai hotel at the time of the alleged orgy.

In a statement carried by Kyodo News, he offered his 'profound apologies' for the outrage in China but denied allegations that the

trip had been a 'prostitution tour'.

Roppongi,

I can only agree to what you?ve written. Of course there are still anti Korean or anti Chinese sentiments among Japanese but primarily the extreme right nourishes these sentiments. I know Japanese guys who are married to Korean or Chinese girls and their partners blend into Japanese society without problems. With the ever increasing standard of living in Korea (South that is of course) and China these so called anti Chinese and anti Korean sentiments will disappear. There are not only many Chinese and Koreans studying in Japan but also thousands of young Japanese studying Chinese or Korean at Japanese universities.

As for the so-called orgies in Zhuhai, Guangdong province, from comments of my colleagues in China I can only say that the Chinese authorities try to downplay this event.

And just a final comment concerning relations btw. Japan and China: Since Sept.1st all Japanese citizens that stay for a max. period of 15 days can travel to China without visa. This visa free travel privilege is applicable only to citizens of Japan, Singapore and Brunei. So whatever is said about Sino-Japanese relations, they are stable and friendly. China needs Japan more than ever before.

Archived