Sex education

camerashy

I have just returned from my latest sojourn in Bangkok, spending the whole time with long time GF. You would think that after a few years there would not be too much you did not know about each other, but this one really floored me. On arrival I was informed that "blood come two day" so that certain activities were off limit until things settled down. On talking further about this later on, it soon became clear that she had very little idea of the reason behind the menstral cycle, as well as the various internal sexual organs of people. So by using the back of laundry lists for the purpose of drawing diagrams, we had a long informative discussion of the workings of both males and females - she quite honestly had only a rudimentary knowledge of these things. On asking her why her parents had never explained all this to her, her only answer was "no nice."

Is this common among other thai people or especially Thai girls? And is there a form of sex education that takes place in the Thai education system, apart from the pushing of condom use to prevent pregnancy and disease?

Maybe all those English teachers out there may be privy to this sort of information!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I have found that my new thai wife and her 2 sisters talk freely about sex.

My ex falang wife and i would never have the same conversations that we have about the subject.

We have just got our house to ourselves and her sister called this morning and ""asked"" my wife if we were having sex and would call back later :doah:

Re periods we have never spoken..except for her to say...not long 2 days and ok.

Not sure about parental advice..but these girls all know what is going on with their bodies....from school or friends...not sure.

[color:"red"] this common among other thai people or especially Thai girls? And is there a form of sex education that takes place in the Thai education system, apart from the pushing of condom use to prevent pregnancy and disease?

Maybe all those English teachers out there may be privy to this sort of information!

[/color]

Mind you, I finished the HS in BKK in the late 60s and there was a sex education then. Grant it, it depends on where your GF went to school and how high she went. The sex education on anatomy was taught to me formally in school on the 6th grade and my niece who is 14 was taught last year in one of the schools up north. I am also wondering whether it depends on school because I went to a co-ed school and the teacher had to word it very carefully :o

Some Thai families talk to their kids and some don't just like in the West.

Jasmine ::

Some girls here get NO education, although I hope I'm correct in thinking that is improving. There was a time when it was considered unseemly here for females to attend school at any level, and I've met a number of ladies who are illiterate as a result.

Believe it or not, but my current G/F, a educated girl, doesnt know either. She is always so surprised about her "Pen Men" and most of the time she is asking me when it comes and how long it will stay and when it would be ok to do it with or without a condom. This scares me, but as long as I can count to 25 it is ok. ::

Arent those things the funny part about Thaigirls? There is always something new, something unexpected.Cheers,

There is also a TV show on Thai TV that comes on a few times a week at night. There a doctor sits around and answers all of the Matayom students' questions about sex, puberty, their bodies, etc.

I can't recall the name of the show, the channel it is on, or at what time (great help, eh!) but he does cover very in depth and puritanically controversial questions.

There are resources out there so that anyone can learn about sex.

[color:"red"] She is always so surprised about her "Pen Men" and most of the time she is asking me when it comes and how long it will stay and when it would be ok to do it with or without a condom. [/color]

Well, none of my sex education ever says how long a man's organ can stay "functional". Perhaps, Whosyourdady can tell us whether the nowadays sex education says anything about it.

We were told that a man's organ get some certain way though.

After all these years, I still have no idea how long a man's staying power is :o Perhaps, I should bring that up with my male friends?

This reminds me of a cute story. A friend told me about her daughter's sex education when she was about 11 or 12. The daughter came home after her first session of sex education, and at dinner table's conversation, she asked "Daddy, how many times a day your penis becomes hard?". :censored:

Or Lord, counting to 25? From a woman, Dear, if I ever catch Hubby counting......... :devil:

Jasmine :doah:

"If the girl only did P6 ( grade 6) as many in the provinces do she would have not had access to that info"

Whosyourdaddy, she came to Bangkok after primary school to work in a hairdressing salon. I guess that would have made her about 12 then, and so no mattayom education. She actually says she wanted to be a policewoman, (do they have these in Thailand? I've never seen one!), but the family did not have the money to continue with her education. The brothers education was much more substantial though.

But hey, thanks for the information.

Archived