Weight charge over 50 pounds by US airlines

lopburi3

Some US airlines now limit checked bag to 50 pounds. Believe regulations are different with various airlines. But know, from paying, that Alaska Airlines charges $25 for any bag weighing more than 50 pounds. Guess those new security folks can't handle the extra weight. ::

Well we all know those little Alaskans can barely lift anything over the weight of a case of beer. :grinyes: Probably another union reg to ease the 'workload' and requires 2 handlers to lift anything over 50 pounds. :banghead:

I stick to those little Asian guys at EVA who can apparently pack [color:"blue"] 32 Kilos[/color] without a strain. :grinyes::beer:

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember; :( but US airlines changed to a per piece system many years ago and did not bother to use scales except for International flights. As my International flight allowed 70 pounds per bag was a bit upset to get charged for domestic segment, that if I had known about, would have packed for. It was not much money but just another stress factor (took about 20 minutes to get computer to accept bag DEN-SEA-TPI-BKK).

i like Malaysia Airlines but my last flight with them was a nightmare.

i was allowed the 20 Kilos,but when i checked in they said my case weighed 35 Kilos....... :down:

WTF i thought and argued the point,i would'nt have been able to pick the bloody thing up i said.

no-go,no excess baggage fee-no flight....... :onfire:

their charge?,30:33GBP for each Kilo,a total of 364GBP had to be paid before i even checked in....... :cussing:

had to pay at another desk and the girl checking me in had told me to come back and go straight to the front of the queue and she would sort me out.

i did so and some guy started to prod me and go on about me pushing in,i turned to him with fire in my eyes and told him to shut the fuck up,i was not in the mood...... ::

to cap it all i lost my Passport in Thailand within 4 days.... :doah:

Can relate. Malaysian is one of the most F***ed up air;ines in the world IMO. Make a habit of the 'excess bagage' shit, even when they are not entitled too. I only flew with them twice, not again. They can have cheap fares but high aggrevation levels :cussing:

Archived