Thai Whiskey (again)

mongatu

True experience that happened to a colleague years ago ...

One evening we saw a couple of maid looking Thai gals on the street with a brown paper bag. My colleague asked what they had, so they showed him. It was a bottle of Scotch and another of bourbon -- both top brand names, though I forget which. The gals claimed they'd stolen them from a hotel and were willing to sell them. So friend Farang asks, "How much?" The gals wanted about 1/4th of the retail price. So unsuspecting Joe Farang checks the seals, which are intact ... and springs for the price.

Back at his home, he got out the ice and opened a bottle to celebrate. I took a sip. "How is it?" he asked. "Well, you needn't bother with the mixer." He took a drink and saw what I meant. The whiskey was about 80% water! The other bottle was exactly the same.

On closer examination, a small mark could be detected on the bottom of each bottle -- where a hot needle had been pushed through the glass and used to draw off most of the booze. Then water was used to refill the bottles. (God knows where they got the water from. Best not to think about that!)

Most creative fiddle I've ever seen in Thailand!

p.s. Those "maids" were never seen again in the area.

:grinyes::grinyes:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived