endoscopy in bkk?

thai3

Anyone had one in thailand? I am about due to have another check up and rather than go through months of waiting for an appt in Uk thought I might get it done over there. Been to Bumrungrad a few times but never had anything done other than check ups,-peter

I had an endoscope operation in Bumrungrad a few months ago.

Had a blockage somewhere in the tubes and they went in to look around and take samples of it.

Started with an ultrasound and to identify what the problem was and then a few days later (my choice to delay) admitted for the op.

Can?t remember if I was in for 3 or 4 days (getting old ? forget easy!)

These were the costs:

Ultrasound

Doctor ß750

Facility ß50

Ultrasound fee ß620

Ulltrasound ß980

Lab ß2,480

Medicine ß111

Total ß4,991

Which @ 39 to $ is $128

Endoscope

Doctor ß35,200

Cardiac ß15,400

CT Scan fee ß2,000

CT Scan fee ß7,000

X ray fee ß875

X ray ß1,755

Lab fee ß330

Lab ß1,520

Lab ß4,935

Equipment ß4,600

Supplies ß21,315

Medicine ß16,686

Op room ß1,980

Nursing ß2,700

Room ß13,050

Total ß129,346

@ 39 to $ is $3,317

Mine was a problem needing fixing ? yours sounds like a routine check up and the procedure and costs might be different.

You might try e-mailing them off their web site with an enquiry.

No, a pain in the ass is a colonoscopy, had one of those too, much prefer the endo without any anaesthetic, it's only getting the tube past the gag reflex which is unpleasant. After that you don't feel much no matter how far down they poke about. Let us know how it goes-peter

While it's true there is a 'digestive disease center' at Bumrungard (the doctor I saw was excellent), I would not recommend it, due to the high cost compared, to say, Yanhee General.

An endoscopy is a relatively simple 'ordeal.' Shop around & save some money for sanuk or extra travel ... or shopping! And, good luck, of course. :up:

I had a series of tests done at Phya Thai 1. I have chrons and my intestines rutured. So I have had both the endoscopy and the colonoscopy and a sh** load of others. They were alot cheaper than Bumrumgrad and they were as good a doctor team as Vancouver.

I ended up comming back to Vancouver to get eh operation done but that was for Finacial reasons alone. so having run th egauntlet that is the medical system in a few diferent countrys I would recomend Phya Thai.

MIKE

Archived