60 day tourist visa?

Has anyone applied for the 60 day visa in los angeles? did you have any problems; I have heard the people that work there are of no help and it was difficult to get.

Well, I have no first hand knowledge of this, but would be very dubious of such a happening. It is the standard tourist visa.

Only hitch might be if one is showing MANY of these in their passport, especially back to back ones. Then they may question or refuse, a la Singapore.

I have received 9 each, 60 day tourist visas from the Los Angeles Royal Thai Consulate in the last two and half years, some of them double-enty. All the visas were requested by means of express mail The have not declined my request for a visa (yet). They usually turn the visa around within a few days, and using express mail, that means my passport is back in my hand in a week or less.

The only time I had a problem was last year just before Christmas, when after a week, they had not returned my visa. It took several telephone calls over two days to get her to find my application and passport in her inbox (she said she was doing all the visas by herself). She mailed it (according to the U.S. Postal Service's on-line tracking) about 20 minutes after she dug it out of he in-basket. This appears to be because there were a lot of applications to be processed that week, and of couse I made it worse by waitning until the last minute to send in the applicaiton.

I think that retirement visas are where the LA office has never succeeded in satifsying the applicant. I am still waiting to hear the one report that would dispell that perception.

RickF

...I get my 1 year Non-Imm O (aka "married") visas there. I have had the same experience as you with the speed and efficiency of the staff there. The only things I need to show are our marriage certificate and a letter from my wife stating that we are still married (along with a copy of her ID & passport). No financials or other records have ever been asked for -- less than a week turnaround.

Cheers,

SD

Obtaining tourist visas shouldn't pose a problem at the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. Any other type of visa will now require the appropriate avalanche of paperwork whereas in the past, that office had a more lax policy.

Archived