Looking for Large Apt. in Bangkok

Sarisin

Following the break-in at my current apt., I am looking for a place to move to that is more secure.

Here is what I have now:

4 bedroom

380 sq meter

40,000 baht/month including water

swimming pool

24 hour guards (ha!)

I am looking for something similar, but flexible on the size, price, and location. I have been working with a real estate agent (I know, I know, but she is a good friend) and coming up empty.

In addition to any personal recommendations, I would appreciate it if someone could put up some of the popular apartment websites in Bangkok. I haven't found anything at the few I have found.

Thanks for your assistance. :)

Some urls from memory:

- http://www.thaiapartment.com/

- http://propertyguidethailand.com/apartment/sukhumvit.html

- http://www.kobayashi.co.th/sukhumvit/sukhumvit.htm

I am sure, many more are available too.

What I have heard, as many good vacancies are not published, many people got good results by simply walking around in their favourite area and asking for free rooms. This way, it is also possible to interview other tenants, if they are satisfied with the building/ owner and if there are known security issues.

Happy hunting!

Thanks, Bembaman. I will figure out how to turn the PM feature back on. I had it off for a long time while I was away.

I appreciate the other suggestions too, although wandering around on-foot is not an option as I have a bad foot problem (I think heel spurs) and will see a doctor in Bumrungrad tomorrow for it. :(

Says Jazz:

Since you don't have PM .....

Contact Farangman or Suadum (his wife is an agent also, I believe). I believe both guys have assisted others very recently.

Or send me a PM whenever you get it fixed and I'll tell you about a place on Soi 8.

That wouldn't be Ratchadapisstakeawhammaglammaglom.com Towers, would it? If so, I already gave him the reference but he's looking for somewhere a lot larger.

Did you move out to the boondocks? I wouldn't mind moving somewhere further away. Thought about looking around near the future Subway stations but not much time on my hands- plus I can't find somewhere further out that's as nice as RPT that isn't a serviced apartment. ::

Cheers!

Yes, let me say I really appreciate the private messages from Crash, Jazz, Bembaman and others assisting me in my apt. search.

I have decided to take a break from the LOS. The movers are coming on Turkey Day/Thanksgiving and I will be on the 0600 NW flight back to the US on the 30th. My stuff will go into storage.

I have a return ticket for Feb. 25, so I promise to post a "looking for a large apt." thread again in January. :)

Thanks again, guys, for your assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the priviledge of living in BKK. But my maid in Udon was 200 baht for her cleaning services. She did laundry and did a little cleaning around the house. But a great value. But then again it cost me 1890 baht one way to go to BKK for the weekend. So who is the winner here. Well, not me since it is below 0celcius right now where I am at.

5555:

Z

Oh yeah, I finally got over the shits.

Archived