would U trust TGF with your money?

pattaya127

I'd like to think I can trust her, but doubt I could with a larger sum. Don't know why, maybe it's through reading this board! But she's never displayed untrustworthy behaviour when it comes to money in the past.... Talking in the $US10K range, there aren't many I would trust with this sum. That may say something about the company I keep rather than the gf at the time though.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jasmine,

This thread has gone in a few different directions: trust in a relationship to a tg having access to small amounts of money to guys saying they would trust their gf/wife with all their financial assets....

The problem I see here is the common denominator is not the same for all folks. P127 tried to provide guidlines with a 5 figure amount (I assume he was talking US dollars) but even that can range from 10k to 99k - quite a difference. And then 10k could be someone's entire savings or a significant part there of to 99k which could be a fraction of someone else's.....

So It would be interesting to know for the folks who say that their gf or spouse has access to their entire financial worth if it matters if that is US 250K or more... I selected that figure because that is the accepted figure internationally that defines and meets the definition of wealthy. That figure though does not include one's principal's residence...

In my book, that is either the most incredible trust and belief in another person or it could be viewed as the stupidest thing one could ever do to risk their entire financial security overnight if significant? I will never ever forget the movie "Body Heat" to keep things in perspective and not to lose one's common sense no matter what one believes about or in another person....

Cardinalblue

It depends on what you mean with gf? How long time? Just dating or long term stuff?

Myself, if its a long term relationship I would not stay if I can not trust her. We live a short time, better make most of it and not waste time on people who you do not have faith in...

I can't believe the replies here from people who do not trust their mate. You live only once, move on if you can not trust her. Dudes, wake up and stop wasting precious time.

Cheers!

Guest lazyphil

<<I can't believe the replies here from people who do not trust their mate. You live only once, move on if you can not trust her. Dudes, wake up and stop wasting precious time>>

This sums it up well :bow:

I assume he was talking US dollars

------------------------------

no, being a thai board i meant bahts, SUBSTANTIAL and a minimum 5 digits, make 8 if you want.

Ex: 40 000 is substantial to me.

Someone else mentionned what kind of GF? Well, YOUR GF. If RT too young, easy to say i dunno at this point....

Guest lazyphil

<<P127 tried to provide guidlines with a 5 figure amount (I assume he was talking US dollars)>>

Guidelines--you either trust someone or you dont--thats my guideline :rolleyes:--yes, falang do think too much...

So It would be interesting to know for the folks who say that their gf or spouse has access to their entire financial worth if it matters if that is US 250K or more... I selected that figure because that is the accepted figure internationally that defines and meets the definition of wealthy. That figure though does not include one's principal's residence...

USD 250k equates roughly to GBP 150k and to the impressively large Bt 10,000,000.

Given that houses, which are usually the single largest purchase in an individual's life, are in the '00k's in provincial Thailand, I cannot see anyone but a guy with liquid assets in excess of USD 5m giving access to USD 250k.

99.9% of Thais cannot imagine a number as big as this, not because they are thick, but purely that they cannot comprehend such a large sum. So to put that temptation in front of them may induce an otherwise honest girl to take advantage. You also have the added influence of the family, which will be there forever, versus the farang who may not be around until the end of his days.

For most guys, assets tend to be tied up, either in property or investments of one sort or another. Usually, those assets take many years to accumulate, especially if the guy has had kids and maybe an ex wife or two.

I am sure that some would have no problem in opening the door to their entire worth but why risk it ? What the hell would you do IF the worst happened. Imagine 50+ years old and broke ?

Even then, if the girl and family were honest, what about inheritance later on. How would your family get their claim lodged when assets may be in LOS or perhaps moved to LOS very shortly after the farang's death. Too many complications.

Maybe for those of a younger age, without families in the west, who are working and will work in LOS for many years, the problem is less significant.

Archived