would U trust TGF with your money?

pattaya127

Why take a risk like this? Better use a professional service (bank account, wiring etc.).

ps: I would definitely not trust a TG! Better trust me. I am an internet board member,and you know me through the board; so there is nothing to worry about. You want to open a bar or another business? Nothing as simple as this. Contact me via PM! :grinyes::cover:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd easily trust my G/F with that amount.

A couple of weeks ago, I was telling her of a tight situation (business) I was in, and took me the better part of a day to convince her to not send me the money (she had just been paid for the month). I kid you not! Now there is a strange twist. A Thai girl insisting on sending YOU money.

She is a true angel, with a heart of gold. That being said, she is the only Thai person I would feel comfortable to trust with that amount. But then again, there are not that many people here, back home, outside of family, that I would trust $US 10k + either. :)

HT

HT,

HA ! The same happened to me last year, it took me some convincing for her not to do it, but on the other hand it is now the second time she visits me here in Belgium, and she does pay for her ticket out of her funds, although we do have a joint account in BKK with sufficient money in it.

Do I trust her ? YES, explicitely, otherwise what is the point in forming a relationship ????

I also though her the use of a budget and a spreadsheet to oversee all costs, and when we are settled together, she will handle all finances.

Cheers !

>A Thai girl insisting on sending YOU money.

I am protesting! That's against my tag line! ::

As another poster said, while you are with them, you can trust to an extent.

It took a while before my gf gained that trust, not that she did anything wrong but simply, that kind of confidence had to be earned. There was a messup but it was her account, her old money.

It's actually the smaller amounts one should be worried about. With significant dough accessible to her, she may think twice before messing up and losing it all, possibly losing the source (the man) along.

An assumption: she is aware that only limited amounts may be taken per day and any attempt is visible to you via the net. Blocking the account, cancelling the card, etc...is still in your hands.

When an attempt to clean the account is not going to be quick and unnoticed, it's not an option for her, then one can trust.

Appears it more of a trust into the technology available to you than into her honesty with the money but anyaway...you trust the best to a disarmed person.

Hi P127

I have to say no to this question.

The GF has family and a lot of pressure can be applied to her to an extent that makes her hand it over. They can be very hard to resist.

I am not saying something like this would happen, but there are plenty of other risks.

Met a girl in Phetchabun, she was building a new house for her parents and the only way she could raise that kind of cash in short notice was by working the bars.

She told me about how they were leaning on her always requesting more money for the construction bills. She was absolutely miserable and saw not way out of her situation. Was considering killing herself.

5 digit US dollars is in my book a lot of money. I would not let anything jeopardize my future or the future of my kids.

cheers

Hua Nguu

Of course I would. Her money is my money, and the other way around.

Before we got married, we put a spreadsheet together with all the money/valuables/investments etc. we have, and organised that in case something happens to one of us, the other one gets full access to everything.

We have both our own Bank Accounts and a household account, but we have both access onto each others account, if necessary. Would trust her with any amount. I think I am more of a risk with money then she is.

::

Why marry or being in a relatiosnhip if not trusting each other ?

Why marry or being in a relatiosnhip if not trusting each other ?

Hi dsab,

That is indeed a valid point.

However, as I pointed out in my post she could be brought in a situation where she really did not have much of a choice.

Besides I was also basing my reply on my own relationship with my ex. And there sure were plenty of warning signals telling me not to let her in charge of our finances.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Well, let me put it this way, if Hubby does not trust me on money, he cannot trust me in our relationship either, very simple. :D

That being said, there are a few of the Thai women who will steal $1.00 if there are chances. So depending on an individual, it is like any other nationalities. I have loaned $5 - 10 for lundhes to my fellow Americans friends and lost them, so money can be an evil.

I trust my mother and brother 100% on handling any amount of money I have in Thailand.

Jasmine :)

I would trust my wife with a large sum of cash. I would trust her to spend the money in an amazingly short period of time. She would spend it without having bad intentions, she is hopelessly flakey with money. She knows it and I know it so no problem.

Archived