would U trust TGF with your money?

pattaya127

Sorry, guys, it's raining in SF, can't work today, so catching up with thread ideas (P127 catching up on nana homework?.... :: ::):

let's say a substantial sum of money (5 digits and more) being yours has to be handled for a while by your GF (P4P, ex-P4P, GTG...) until you are back or there to get it, can you trust her to keep it or follow your instructions to keep it safe?

And if you do, will you worry abit during that period or be totally confident it's safe waiting for you).

Personally, it's not so much that i do distrust mine, it's just so much doodoo happens in LOS. Could be she waits to put it in a bank and it gets stolen, could be that herself or family got into some problem (but not worry, I give back to you.... just wait litle bit.... this, not too much money for you.....Why you give to me, now have so much problem..... blablah..... ).

There is also that everything having be promised for its safety, they may on a whim, rationalize your money is their money (again: why you give to me?).

Well, just trying to give you the drift. So?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope..........no way in hell. I have only known her for around 9 months but I have a hard time believing I would trust even a girl I have known for a couple years with that much money. I think they are waiting for the motherload and I think that would be the one. 5 digits worth of money and I believe they would be gone back home to never be seen again. Just MHO.

Troy

Guest lazyphil

If I had money to test this out with it'd be a step forward in the right direction :D--nah, I trust me gal 100%--whats the point us being together if I dont :: :dunno:

I believe it depends on the girl and the way in which she does manage money. I?ve a joint account with my gf since quite some time (more than 2 years). She has access to the money. The deposit is a six-digit THB amount. She withdraws only small sums and I?ve yet to see the day that she misuses it. If she needs a bigger amount she always asks for permission. So far it worked pretty well for both of us. :)

>I?ve a joint account with my gf since quite some time (more than 2 years). She has access to the money. The deposit is a six-digit THB amount. She withdraws only small sums and I?ve yet to see the day that she misuses it.

Same here except that the account is not joint. Withdrawals are twice a month as 150B charge applies. A day earlier my gf would tell what is needed and how much altogether.

P127.

The answer depends upon the level of trust. I just came back from the States a couple of weeks ago.

I keep about 100,000B in my Thai account here and told my current gf of 8 months she can have it if the plane goes down or I don't return for whatever reason. Therefore I gave her my card and number. She comes from a very poor up-country background and i financially keep her afloat currently as she goes to school...

In my four years living here and in terms of overall trust of thai girls, I would say I can count on one hand complete trust in them (up to a point). Werll, maybe never complete trust? There are two other thai girls who i have as friends who i met through work. Also, one ex-gf who had exemplary character I had some level of confidence and trust in.

I am fairly confident in their character i could have done the same with them (if not having a gf) and they would not have touched it. My friends both come from middle class backgounds with good/decent jobs. Ex-gf was poor.

The bottom line is that it gets down to the character of any person.......

Now if we were talking $25,000 or even up to a $100,000, I would have it think it about it a little more but hopefully my decision would be the same.

Now if we were talking access to my overall net worth, the answer would be no under no circumstances. There is a point for each person (i don't know what that is) where money can change one's thought process and alter one's behavior.....

P.S. She never touched the money...

Cardinalblue

I have experience with a BG (not a GF). I went back to farangland for a month and told a BG she could stay at my apartment for free to look after it and gave her 4000 baht to pay bills. Quite a leap of faith here, but I knew her a long time and trusted her more than anyone. I saw it as a chance for her to live with some privacy at a nice place for a while and for me to keep tabs on my pad. Only one rule: no customers allowed to go there. I knew I was taking a big risk that either she would come through or I would be cleaned out. The answer was inbetween. When I got back everything was just as I left it, immaculately cleaned and even one small improvement made. The problem is she paid the first bill, then decided not to pay anymore bills and pocketed the rest of the cash! What she didn't know is not far out of view was a backup fund of 6000 baht still intact I put there in case she emailed me of any emergencies. Sadly, we aren't friends anymore and after the results of this experiment I won't be doing it again. But in my experience as long as you are with them, BG's are trustworthy.

Archived