Best hand phone for WAP or Internet access?

Palatkik

I have a need for a hand phone with either WAP or Internet access for checking emails on raod, reading news, stocks and the like. Currently I have a 2yo old S45 Siemens phone which has worked well, though I have noticed increasing problems accessing WAP sites using GPRS in Bangkok as times passes by ? hang ups , wap errors etc. Is a new hand phone the answer, or does WAP or AIS access generally suck anyway?

Would buying a more modern phone improve the WAP experience and who has any recommendations. I like the look of the new Nokia 6600 and Sony Ericsson P800 but really don?t need the video camera features, just a phone and good net access will do.

Cheers,

Do you want to just be able to browse through emails and lite wap surfing? Get a Sony Ericsson T68i. You can get it dirt cheap at MBK. The SE T610 is a bit better but might not be worth the extra baht for you.

If you want to spend some bucks for a nicer mobile with no camera but wap/internet, Siemens SL55 is sweet.

Yep, I agree with you. Looked around MBK yesterday and it seems like a toss off between a SE 610, P800 or a Nokia 6600. The latter two seem too expensive really and I don?t really like the looks of the 610 for some reason. I have used the 68i before and didn?t like the screen much but it is cheap. Think I?ll wait a bit longer or see if I can get a cheaper deal when I go to Singapore on others.

Was trying WinWAP (wap emulator) software on my internet connected PC the other day and it can access some WAP sites my Seimens S45 cannot. Not sure why that is? That?s why I was thinking of a new phone.

Before I had SonyEricsson t68i and now Panasonic GD88 ... is it me only or the internet speed on the phone (GPRS) really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really slow??????

Mayble my setttings are screwed up???? On AIS GPRS.

Anyone know about how Palm Tungsten W (or similar) compares to phones??

I can utilize my time better in go-gos and pool hall, if can achieve decent speed.

yeah AIS GPRS WAP sucks big time :banghead:

but if you get DTAC GPRS instead you may have much greater success as their network seems much more up to speed especially if using a Nokia handset as their infrastructure is Nokia as opposed to AIS using a misk mask of ericsson, siemens, motorola etc. :neener:

good luck & happy mobile surfing :p

Archived