World Cup Play-Offs.

sayjann

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was in a bar in Soi Eric,Patong when the Germans were beaten 5-1.

i wish i could tell you about the atmosphere and suchlike,but i was so pissed i have very little memory of the game.

in fact took me over 6 months before i saw the Goals on TV.

good result for Wales in Russia.

Indeed it was a great night, 3 of us watched it with a German as it was only on German satelite tv where we were living ..

Our Hun host arrogantly stated that for each goal England scored he would stand a round of schnapps and vis versa with the 3 of us splitting the bill for each goal Germany scored.

What you have to realise is a bottle of schnapps in Riyadh costs in excess of 100 quid ..

My parting comment was if it had been 6 we could've finsihed the bottle .. as they say ..pricelesss

Cheers

K.

felt sorry for Wales in their defeat,would have liked to see their players play in a major competition.

another 3 years until the WC and many of them might not be around.

but in the game tonight they were poor and didn't really look like scoring apart from Hartsons bad miss and Giggs hitting the post.

if one of those had gone in i think it would have been a different game.

the Scots were humilated by Holland.

the Dutch had enough chances to win the game in the first leg but didn't take their chances and in the second leg showed their class.

and a big :neener: to Limbo.

RVN has had his problems with Advocaat and their relationship was not the best,but after Kluiverts display in Glasgow he was rightly dropped and RVN showed his worth tonight with 3 goals.

ok his final one was a scuffed shot,but the second one was class.

[color:"orange"] 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 (to the tune of the dwarves in Snowwhite

RVN finally did what he should've been doing for a looooong time, score for the national team.

Just saw the last 5 minutes at 4:15 in the morning on Thai channel 7 and couldn't believe the score line untill the English commentary confirmed it. Haven't seen the goals yet, but you guys know what's waiting for you in portugal, more orange written messages on the board!!

It's good to be back in a big tournament again.

Classic Dutch way of qualifying, wait untill the very last game to settle things with a lot of squad probs, than move on to the semis or final and most likely lose that one! :)

So Sayjann, hope your sleepless nights start now!!! [/color]

[color:"orange"] Hi Limbo,

Congrats :up:

Good game from the cheeseheads ::

And good goals as well.

The typical Dutch way would be losing in the semi's on penalties. :neener:

I hope to meet you in the finals next year. And I wouldn't mind if you'd repeat that tradition for me one more time. :beer: [/color]

no sleepless nights for me as i'm not a follower of England or any National team.

i will watch the games but only with interest because of my love of Football.

i think i might support Latvia as they beat the mighty Turks and qualified for a major championships for the first time.

Archived