World Cup Play-Offs.

sayjann

Says chocolat steve:

Kman, i think Spain's weak link is its back line. Going forward they have as much firepower as anyone but if Carew can get a couple good looks, who knows. Riise has a nice hard shot himself.

Agreed, but I don't think Carew is playing. After his training ground bust up with I think Riise he's been left out.

Cheers

K.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says sayjann:

i thought Carew declined to accept thr invitation to join the squad?

You could be right .. Just read on the Uefa site that he had been left out for disciplinary reasons. Don't know anything of the follow on story from the bust up tho'

Cheers

K.

i only know from Media reports.

but breaking news and might as well put it here.

the England players have again issued a statement protesting about the treatment given to Smith.

he is banned from the squad despite being found guilty of nothing,just like Rio.

but Beattie is allowed to be included despite having a criminal conviction,and Butt played 3 games after being arrested earlier this year.

Beckham as his duty as England Captain has asked the FA to clarify the situation and give their criteria.

what offences mean a ban?,he and other players are concerned that players found not guilty of anything were banned but players convicted of an offence were allowed to be selected for the squad.

and it doesn't look good for the FA.

they have admitted that they never knew Smith had been arrested and that Beattie had a conviction.

what a bad lack of communication.

Scotland beat the Dutch and it was deserved.

Holland were poor and despite what Limbo said RVN was trying and Kluivert was not to be seen.

but not really a good game.

Quite frankly, that the FA never knew anything about the Smith arrest is pretty pathetic, I guess they don't watch Sky News.. This Palios boy seems to have bitten off a little more than he can chew here ..

Oh and I still think Rio should be banned for 2 years :grinyes:

Cheers

K.

During a recent game someone threw a bottle on the pitch and Smith picked it up and threw it back into the crowd. He got arrested for it recently and the FA dropped him from the friendly after his call up by Sven. There's more detail to it but I think that's it in a nutshell.

Says pattaya127:

In a friendly last night, France gave Germany a trashing and if i read well, his worse defeat at home, 3-0 actually most likely one of his worse defeat ever anywhere.

Not quite mate, The 3 Lions did them 5-1 a couple of years ago in a World Cup Qualifier in Munich ..

Cheers

K

Archived