largest bathrooms in a hotel room

Which hotels in Bangkok have the largest bathroom/shower/bath?

As a videographer this is a constant problem. I need to take pics of beautiful Thai women in the buff and most bathroom areas just aren't designed for this, naturally. Even if the toilet is out of the way and I use a wide angle lens there is seldom enough room.

Marble walls and glass shower screens would be nice but one of course pays for luxury accommodation and if one doesn't get lucky (with a willing model) it can really add up if you're on a budget.

I decorate my own room, all I need is wet SPACE! A rented apartment is an option but in my business (even though I do only Shrimpesque glamor shoots, nothing close to hardcore) it is more sensible to keep moving...

Recommendations?

PSSTTT...get em wet anywhere, you can use Photoshop to change backgrounds later......

But you knew knew that being a glamour photog didnt ya?

Winston James,

I would like the board to recognize me

as an official expert on Bkk hotel bathrooms.

While all you Sanukers are out getting laid

I am busy trying to figure out which hotel I

can swith to in hopes of finding a better

bathroom.

In answer to your question, without a doubt the Westin Banyan Tree on Sathorn has the

biggest, best, most beautiful bathrooms that

I have ever seen. It has the glass shower and

if I remember correctly the marble walls too.

I stayed there in June 1997,my very first time in LOS for $100 USD/night(at the time

24 baht=$1 USD) The standard room was a small

suite and the hotel had just recently opened

for business. The bathroom was absolutely

incredible! The only problem with the hotel

is that there is nothing outside of the hotel. No stores nor restaurants but I think

it is about a 15-20 minute walk to Patpong.

Jay

The end executive suites at the JW Marriott have quite large bathrooms with marble floors, walls, and countertop, and a glass-walled shower big enough for three people. The bathroom is rectangular-shaped with the tub at one end and the door at the other, which gives you plenty of space to take video/pictures without using a wide-angle lens. The shower is located in the corner by the door, angled at 45 degrees so there is plenty of room for pictures there also.

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: tomc12 ]

The Westin Bayan Tree on Sathorn is great. Every room is a suite and at the corporate rate of 3,000 it is a bargain. I stayed there in January. The bathroom is marble. Just a nice as the Bayan Tree is Erawan's bathroom with a separate area for shower with clear enclosure doors.

jaybloom, wildman, tomc12,

i hate to interfere but may i draw your attention to the unusual circumstances that glamour-photographer winston james is working on a budget , as he says himself, and further has to live under the permanent risk that madame is unwilling to put her clothes off. it makes me wonder why they are ready to share a room with winston, if not for boom-boom , where you normally undress yourself anyway. am I right ?

Consequently james tries to avoid huge accomodation bills if there is no definite reward to expect. here comes the solution :

you check into the short time hotel on top of flowers a gogo at CP. this is only 300 bht as far as i remember may 19th this year. the bathroom is a dump but you have time to find out if she is willing or not.

if so, you get your cameras and move upmarket.

fine arts are my passion, i proudly assist here.

President Park (Suk Soi Yee Sip Song)has some pretty good apartments with great shower cubicles. Ceramic tiled. Large glass door. Big enough to hang your clothes out to dry if your bg likes to wash your kit. Plust the rooms are fairly nicely laid out if your videography leads into the room.

Re: Rooms above Clinto Plaza's Flowers Bar

Many thanks to all contributors who have assisted in this search for the largest bathroom in Bangkok.

In September of 2000 I did check out what was proclaimed by an expat resident to be the most convenient and good value new accommodation, and right in Clinton Plaza. Large bathtub included! However it was under reconstruction due to an electrical fire (?).

About a month later short-time rooms opened up further in CP above a few bars. No exterior access (police? discretion? zoning?), and the manager wasn'tinterested in any weekly or even daily rental. He said they are only for short-time.

I'll check out the luxury digs recommended in this forum and keep looking for something more economical.

Thank you again.

Archived