Nana Hotel....location ,location and location...

jacko

As the place was full I thought it futile, and they have never really been high on customer satisfaction ! I only ever stay for a few days as that is all the Bangkok I can handle.

But I wouldn't support the very negative statements of some others here. The delux rooms are large and have what you need. It is a tourist class/ sex tourist sort of place and achieves that quite well.

In all I prefer it (when quiet) to being dollar stripped at the 5 stars! Who the hell needs tennis courts in Bangkok.....

::

>> As the place was full I thought it futile, and they have never really been high on customer satisfaction !

Nana-staff does not have the reputation of being the best in the crm-field, but I have never had big problems getting a new room. It required some persistence and repeated asking though.

I agree, when I used to stay at the Nana the staff was OK, not great, but look at the mass of often ***holes moving through each day. When they were full, they were always very accomodating in finding me alternative lodgings and even providing a bellboy to take my luggage down the street. Not bad sevice IMO for a 3*.

• 1 month later...

Well . . . I am on my 3rd decade now visiting Thailand.

And ever since my first trip, I always stay at the Nana Hotel.

For the price, it is the best. Period. Oh, sure, some of you may want to spend the money and go next door to the Marriott and maybe get a $250.00 per night room discounted to $125.00. Big deal. Go spend the money. Are there other good hotels in the area for the Nana price or less? Sure. Everyone has their favorite . . . well, this is mine. The staff has always been friendly to me. The rooms have always been clean for me. But . . . I am not one of those whining complainers either. And my last trip, they were driving the pilings for the pool. So what? I didn't care if there was a little banging going on, do you?

I've spent a couple 'single nights' at the Nana & it always seemed 'thread bare' .. well used... but easy for a farang passing through BKK to get a room for the night.

The noise factor has always been an issue, on both occassions I was placed in a room near the 'staff meeting area' .. seemingly 24/7 house keeping / maintenance staff chatting & laughing.

I have never stayed for a longer period in the 'eye of the hurricane' until I stayed at jasmine suites last vistit & I must say Soi Cowboy at my front door was a treat.. I cut through soi cowboy many times per day getting to the new Jasmine Suites Soi 23. ( IMHO, way over priced & not the service on would expect at 2.5K bt per )

Now I WANT to stay at Nana for 10 days.

pointers on reserving a 'nicer' / 'quiter' room ..

a room as from from the disco / elevator / 'staff meeting' area as possible.

Suggestions on a hotel in the 'same block' that may be a little quiter / less thread bare.

I did stay at the dynasty once & it was very second class.

Nana Hotel.

I always ask for a room on floor 8,9, or 10 and facing Sukimvit. I just like the view. Being a rustic country guy, I like the view, and yes, the noise of the city. As far as being near lift or house keeping, well, it never bothered me. And house keeping staff have always been quiet and professional.

Any hotel, I always put valuables in house safe. And a 24 hour restaurant, what more do you want?

trying to make internet reservation tonight for the Nana ST Hotel

anybody got a nana desk phone # or a preferred 'booking agent'?

I've gotten a 'delux room' as a walkin ..

& one of the sites has a pic of a delux ..

none of the site show a deluxe reservation option .. one shows a 'standard triple' option?

>> anybody got a nana desk phone # or a preferred 'booking agent'? <<

Many people were recommending the Nana-booking agent. If you do a search, you will find some hints (cheaper than booking through the hotel).

Archived