Sanuk, the next step... (?)

You're right of course.

You can find many Mongolian women looking to, um, make friends in the Hard Rock, Minder's Cafe, Pig & Whistle, Freezers Disco, Maggies, and other Beijing venues.

However, IMO, it is like going to Los Angeles to meet Thai girls. You really have to go to Ulaan Bataar some day to experience the fun there. Alright, there is not a whole lot to do and you will never see me there in the winter - and, they have a long, harsh winter there.

Mongolia is a very interesting country though and some of the women from there are simply outstanding. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, for what it is worth, here is my Top Ten Sanuking locations (placed visited in the last 3 years or so)

Thailand

Philippines

China

Malaysia

Singapore

Mongolia

Korea

Japan

Egypt

Taiwan

Hi Sarisin,

interesting list. Will give some stuff for a discussion! :)

May I ask some questions please?

- Is the list in any particular order?

- Am I missing Cambodia/ Indonesia?

- Re China: Are you referring to the small island in southern China (Hainan) or are you referring to the main cities (Bejing, Shanghai)?

As I have never made it to the Philippines, may be it is the time for a visa run to Angeles City early december? I was thinking about going to Singapore/ Indonesia instead.

PS: What I have heard, Brazil is the world's #1 destination for sanuk. Been there only once, and this was with a farang girl friend :(

PPS: Since years I have also been reading asfo, admitting in lurking mode only. :angel: I enjoyed your postings there too (you recently changed your handle, didn't you?).

Thanks for the reply Sarasin. I remember your early postings from ASFO well, actually, that is where I first encountered discussions of sanuk on the net when I returned to Australia in 1997. I fell off that board after discovering this one, but I should rejoin for old times sake. I`m hard pressed to decide between Indo and Thai for favourite, but I do know Korea isnt! I know you where married to a Korean girl, so no disrespect, but I cant figure them out. Which is why I have a Russian and a Filipina on the go now.

Cheers

Jaga

Sarisin was in Korea back when it was the great party in the west before prosperity spoiled things. It's only through a lot of good luck that I don't have a Korean ex as well. They do have a different world view, but when you are in your 20s or 30s and hooked up with one of the most gorgeous women you have ever seen, you don't think too much about their psychology.

:cover:

Great comments, nkped, and I agree 100%!

Korea during the 70s and early 80s (when I was there single) was, IMO, the World Capital of Sanuk.

Also, I have recently had some good times in Seoul, but only with straight ladies, not P4P. I think the P4P scene sucks there now.

Still, if you asked me to name the countries with the most beautiful women in the world, Korea would make my Top Three.

I used to speak Korean very well (it is disintegrating although I still have good comprehension) and even taught a 101 course at the University of Maryland - Yongsan. Still, there are few countries in the world that try to shut you out more than Korea. They don't call it the Hermit Kingdom for nothing. Really, really xenophobic. ::

Possessed_Seoul said:

Thanks for the reply Sarasin. I remember your early postings from ASFO well, actually, that is where I first encountered discussions of sanuk on the net when I returned to Australia in 1997. I fell off that board after discovering this one, but I should rejoin for old times sake. I`m hard pressed to decide between Indo and Thai for favourite, but I do know Korea isnt! I know you where married to a Korean girl, so no disrespect, but I cant figure them out. Which is why I have a Russian and a Filipina on the go now.

I still post on asfo, but I come and go there depending on available time. One thing that caused me to leave was the list owner delaying, deleted, censoring, and editing my posts. My offense? I was mentioning on asfo that I was writing for the nanaplaza.com paysite and he saw that as for commercial gain - even though I got the same amount from KS for my stories there no matter how many subscribers he had. It drove me crazy because I had no idea what was happening to my asfo posts that I spent a lot of time on. Oh, remember paulc on asfo? He also edits out any references to him too. ::

I do like asfo as a compliment to this board for two reasons:

1. There is more information on other Asian locales besides Thailand.

2. I like having the posts sent to me via email so I can respond while not online and then send.

I still like Korea, but not more than Thailand for sure. I have limited experience in Jakarta. It was good, but not so recent, so I left Indonesia out.

I really like the Philippines, especially AC. I have never been to Russia, but have been to several of the countries which were formerly in the Soviet Union.

Peter1964 said

May I ask some questions please?

- Is the list in any particular order?

- Am I missing Cambodia/ Indonesia?

- Re China: Are you referring to the small island in southern China (Hainan) or are you referring to the main cities (Bejing, Shanghai)?

As I have never made it to the Philippines, may be it is the time for a visa run to Angeles City early december? I was thinking about going to Singapore/ Indonesia instead.

PS: What I have heard, Brazil is the world's #1 destination for sanuk. Been there only once, and this was with a farang girl friend :(

PPS: Since years I have also been reading asfo, admitting in lurking mode only. :angel: I enjoyed your postings there too (you recently changed your handle, didn't you?).

[color:"blue"] 1. No, I just threw those out as they came to me - after Thailand and the PI, anyway.

2. I have not been to Indonesia that much. I think I would like it if I was there more frequently. I think Cambodia would be #11 for me. I have been there seven times and it is OK. However, I think you run out of things to do in PP quickly. I am not a K-11 fan although I like Martini's, Sharky's, the discos, and a few other places. The Viet girls are fine, but I like meeting them in Vietnam. :) Doh, I just noticed I left Vietnam off my list too. :doah:

3. I have never been to Hainan, although I would love to go there some day. I was talking about Beijing, Shanghai, and, even Hong Kong. The Chinese women are very, very beautiful.

4. Peter, if AC had anything at all besides the bars to offer, I would live there and not in Thailand. But, that's all there is as the song goes. Really, though, it is the perfect place for a break from the LOS. There are some negatives about AC to be sure, but many positives too. I think a visa run (to Manila, which is not that much fun, sadly) would be a good way to see AC. I usually do that myself. I had planned one leaving here Nov. 30 and staying 20 days, but the break-in messed up all that. I try to go to the PI each year to avoid Songkran here. If you want to go to AC on short notice in Dec., good luck as most hotels are booked there now for the high season.

5. I have not been to Brazil. I have heard good (the women, sanuk) and bad (terrible crime rate). I wouldn't mind going to the Carnivale one year.

6. How can you be such a prolific poster here on this site and lurk on others? Isn't it difficult for you? Yes, I change my handle to coincide with where I am living usually. No big deal. I am not trying to fool anyone. I post there as sukchai - I have been using that for 18 months. With my moving out of my apt. here, there will be another name change there. :)[/color]

Oh, remember paulc on asfo? He also edits out any references to him too. ::

Absolutely,

Didn't he also post on this board at times? I chatted to the guy via ICQ a couple of times and didn't find him all that bad. He was your quintessential Australian, rough and abrasive, so he rubbed many people up the wrong way. He did have his own board too, which was on the old delphi forums, but it was a bit amatuerish at times.

As for Korea, its all ups and downs for me over the four months I have lived here. Granted I haven't got out and seen much of the country, but I have been busy establishing myself here in the burbs around Ilsan. I find the people horribly narrow-minded and jingoistic, if they are ever to acheive their desire to become the 'hub' of North-east Asia, they will have to overcome their hatred of the Japanese and Chinese. And as for the women, I concur with your statement that they are beautiful, there is no doubt. However, I dont find many with nice tits and asses, which is why Indo girls are a better catch, IMHO (and also their performance in bed is superior, again IMHO). Its mainly personality issues that turn me off Korean women. The whineyness towards boyfriends (I'm sure you would recognize the inflection) and the little baby tantrums they throw. I generally know where I stand with Indonesian girls, but with Koreans, I would give my left testicle to know what their motives are. I have been out with quite a few who are keen initially, but then minutes, hours or even days later act like you have leprosy. It took me about 2 months to decide I would never marry a Korean. Even worse, one night in Hongdae, I was sitting at a bar with a Korean girl I really liked, hand in hand, the odd kiss, when a Korean guy walks over and asks what she is doing with a Wayguk and why doesnt she dump me for him. I`m a big lad, and was quite capable of putting this dolt in the hospital, but I'm a lover, not a fighter. I told him he bore an uncanny resemblance to Kim Jong Il and suggested he fuck off lest I change my stance on violence. I can honestly say, of all the Korean guys I know, I genuinely like about 4 of them, all lads who play on my soccer team. I know I am going to end up importing a wife/gf should I stay here, but Indo, Thai or even Japan is looking good for the next contract.

Cheers

Jaga

Great post on the Land of the Morning Calm and your observation so far, PS!

Korean women can have funny shapes, can't they? You do see a lot with flat asses and not much in the way of hooters. Also, even the Koreans make fun of other Koreans and call them what would be loosely translated as 'an improper fraction.' This would be someone with their top (their head) too big for their bottom (the rest of their body). The next time you are wandering around, see how many improper fractions you can spot. :)

You are right on in your observation of Korean men. They can be highly obnoxious and seem to delight in provoking altercations with westerns - especially when they have had a few sojus for courage. Also, they are famous for intentionally not giving ground walking towards you on the sidewalk and don't seem to mind crashing into you. Like you, I have a bit of size and when I see them coming, I let them think I don't see them. But, I can place a perfect hockey-style hip-check on them that sends them sprawling. This, of course, prompts the usual string of Korean curses and chest-thumping, but the truth is there is no way they will fight you. So, just knock a few down like duckpins.

One other thing I will mention. I used to get furious when I heard the comments the Korean men made about my wife and I as we passed them by. Understanding Korean made it very bad. However, my wife was always good at getting me to calm down and ignore the ignorant.

Finally, yes, I met paulc several times and went out with him. I thought he was a good guy to go out with and never had a problem with him in the bars. Kinda reminded me of WC Fields, to be honest. On the internet he came across as such a smacked ass, but in person, he was OK.

Over the years I have met hundreds of guys from the various boards and it is always interesting to compare how they are in real life vs. their online persona. Some are like paulc, but there are also those who seem OK on the boards, but then when you meet them you think they are from another planet. ::

Archived