Priceline.com Eva in Feb 520.00

I am returning in Sept but I always go in Feb as well. I went into Priceline.com and bid 500.00 For my Feb ticket. No takers then 510.00 No takers. 520. 00 Bingo American Airlines accepted from SFO 2/16/2002 They are Partners with Eva who will operate thie flight.

That is a good price from Priceline, but keep in mind that you don't earn any frequent flyer miles with those tickets. When comparing the price to a ticket that does earn miles don't forget to calculate the value of the miles you would be earning.

T"hat is a good price from Priceline, but keep in mind that you don't earn any frequent flyer miles with those tickets. When comparing the price to a ticket that does earn miles don't forget to calculate the value of the miles you would be earning.: null

Miles generally figured at one penny per mile when thinking it thur. I've taken that AA flight several times, you only get the code share portion, to Taipai. EVA flight to Bangkok does not credit AA miles.

You (Paul) had mentioned a fare of $1260. on another thread, from Chicago. I guess you relize this, but if you buy a ticket from the west coast, say LAX, then another ticket from Chicago to LAX during a sale (apx $220) you save a great deal over this price if money matters. It does of course require the extra stopover.

good luck,

Nok

That $1260 fare from Chicago is buying direct from Northwest Airlines. I used that as a basis for the open-jaw tickets because I don't think you can buy open-jaw tickets from a consolidator.

You can usually buy a ticket from a consolidator for ORD-BKK for less than $800. If you use the figure 1 cent per mile (VERY conservative, I use 1.2 cents, a lot of people use 2 cents,) you would be losing $195.68 (19,568 miles ORD-BKK connecting through DTW.)

$800-195.68=604.32

This means that if you can buy a ticket to Bangkok from Chicago that doesn't earn miles for less than $600 go for it. But this isn't always true, because there could be some value in the 19,568 miles you earn as actual miles, because if these actual miles you earn puts you into a higher elite class for the following year there is some value in that.

quote:

Originally posted by theekidd:

I am returning in Sept but I always go in Feb as well. I went into Priceline.com and bid 500.00 For my Feb ticket. No takers then 510.00 No takers. 520. 00 Bingo American Airlines accepted from SFO 2/16/2002 They are Partners with Eva who will operate thie flight.

So with tax added is this about $600 USD?

Archived