Los Angeles to Bangkok (Cheap Please)

Ok.. here's another one... this topic was rehashed on the other board... Cheap flights from LAX (Los Angeles, CA, USA) to Bangkok... Any ideas on which consolidators to use? I remember someone mentioning Star Travel, don't remember their # though. I'd appreciate any help on finding the cheapest flight I can..

Thanks all...... smile.gif" border="0

I have gone in to Star Tours and wasn't impressed with either the service or quoted prices. They didn't do much research.

I have been using China Silk Tours at www.chinasilktour.com and have been very happy with the service and quoted price. You can contact Linda Liu, one of the reps directly at linda@discountair.com.

Also try Adventure Bound at tours@adventur-bound.com. I've also been checking the prices on Travelocity the last few days and they seem to have good prices but they are not able to give a quote on the Eva Air Economy Deluxe seats.

I am going to go in to one of the Flights.Com stores today to check some prices if there is a significant difference I'll post that.

Good Luck

Here is what I do.

I search the web travel agent, www.expedia.msn.com then you have your published fare

I then call the airline and confirm the price, with EVA, you have to call direct for the Evergreen Deluxe (quoted me $880.for the fall)

I then look in the LATimes sunday section

usually I can buy directly from the airline for a price within ten percent of anything they quote, so I just buy direct. This gives me a little comfort on the possible change in date, should same come up, haveing a ticket direct from the airline just makes it a no brainer for them

FF Miles also are a consideration. I have been using American flight numbers as am gold member.

My Opinion: If you don't save at least 10percent and/or they refuse credit card for payment, just buy direct

NOk

Hey Nok, Good Info and strategy, I really like Eva too....but this next trip I landed

A nice fare rt via Cathay Pacific for $705

thru Nova travel (www.nova travel.com)-It's

a night flight Originating in San Diego-Lax-

Hk-Bkk....Includes tax.... Regards TSD16

Have you ever thought about getting an one-way or not use your return? If you come to BKK a lot, why don't you have BKK as your starting point and buy your round trip ticket in BKK. I think you can find better prices here year around. I am flying in Sept to San Fran/return on JAL for $500. Based on how often you come here, you might be able to save a few bucks.

Respectfully submitted,

Cardinalblue

Have you ever thought about getting an one-way or not use your return? If you come to BKK a lot, why don't you have BKK as your starting point and buy your round trip ticket in BKK. I think you can find better prices here year around.

frown.gif" border="0 Afraid I'm not rich enough to retire there yet. When that day comes, your advice is good. Until then, it is just save for each trip and hope for the best....I did recieve a call the other day for a "$100,000." titaium VISA card and was tempted, but did not take the plunge.

Glad you are happy. smile.gif" border="0

Me? just an angry male who spent to much in the 80's and 90's on American women. crazy.gif" border="0

Nok

Originally posted by LACutter:

I have been using China Silk Tours at www.chinasilktour.com and have been very happy with the service and quoted price. You can contact Linda Liu, one of the reps directly at linda@discountair.com.

Also try Adventure Bound at tours@adventur-bound.com.

Linda Liu is at Adventurebound Tours. They're based in Tempe Arizona, and I picked my ticket up from her personally. (I remembered the name because of the Lynard Skynard song - "i was cuttin' a rug / down at this place called The Jug / with a girl named Linda Lou ..." Cracks me up thinking about a hillbilly bar fight in Alabama over a chinese chick. She's a babe by the way, but she had a ring. The best fare she could find me in July, btw, Phoenix to BKK through LAX, was on Cathay Pacific for $1,050 including tax, which I thought was a hell of a lot of money.

Sid 850.00 from LAX is no bargin My buddy that I am meeting in Pattaya is flying from Minnesota-Lax-Bbk & Return on China 790.00 Sept 1st. shocked.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by theekidd:

Sid 850.00 from LAX is no bargin My buddy that I am meeting in Pattaya is flying from Minnesota-Lax-Bbk & Return on China 790.00 Sept 1st.
shocked.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

The prices drop after August. He is getting hit by the Labor Day weekend and Friday flights are usually higher in cost. Yield management by the airlines.

Archived