Romantic new years destination in SEA?

chilli13

strugling to find that special island or holiday spot to bring the thai GF for her 31dec-4jan office break I might as well ask the experienced guys on this lovely forum ::

now this being extremely peak dates within thailand I'd still prefer great resorts within LOS such as phangan, chang, phuket(phi phi) etc, but we're open to e.g. Bali, langkavi, lao, singapore or even myanmar :eek:

apparently my preferred choice of phangan seems VERY tight in booth hotel & flight/train availability so advice as how best to go about securing a place & a means to get there on those peak dates are very welcome ::

other guys out on similar missions please share ;)

my preference is islands susch as phangan, chang, phi phi etc.

considering I'm gonna go with a TG it's definitely gonna be more fun within LOS, but if I we're on my own bali or langkawi would have had higher priority...

It seems maldives is a another popular destination also, but maybe out of our budget!

anyways at the moment the GF is looking to book a tour by train to phi phi ::

as to activities I don't golf, but may do diving or other water activities ::

Guest lazyphil

<<The most romantic place i have been would be Mauritius .>>

Our Neighbors are from Mauritius--shes gone home for the winter with their son leaving hubby here working--invited us to go stay with her family--very tempting--very expensive flights there too :banghead:

Archived