BROKEN PROMISES

rmorris22

Not you as well???

I'm looking like 28 or 29 Jan for about 3 weeks.. obviously into Feb. I'll put something in the calendar when I get my tix. If our paths cross who's gonna look after the Chaos here??

Can almost taste the liquid refreshments already.... hmmmm

I try - try, mind you - not to get too excited until the eve of departure.

When the countdown has reached this point (2 weeks to go) I sometimes have niggling and irrational fears that I am going to get ill, break a leg, get run over, have a family crisis or some other calamity that is going to threaten the trip.

I find that a few pints makes this fear go away - and then I toddle over the main road stopping the traffic by waving and shouting, go dry-slope skiing, eat shellfish and tell my family to fuck off...

CAREW66,

I of course have the same fears. 4 hours until wheels up. My friend is going to take me to the airport. I am terrified he either forgot, is to hung over to get up or will have an accident on the way to my hourse.

Whatever happens I am going even if I have to swim..

carew66 said:

When the countdown has reached this point (2 weeks to go) I sometimes have niggling and irrational fears that I am going to get ill, break a leg, get run over, have a family crisis or some other calamity that is going to threaten the trip.

I find that a few pints makes this fear go away - and then I toddle over the main road stopping the traffic by waving and shouting, go dry-slope skiing, eat shellfish and tell my family to fuck off...

I can realt! With less than a month to go I am even careful cross train tracks when the gates are not down. No more extreme hiking or climbing, no hashing in the dark etc. Silly but true.

Spent one trip with a hurt foot a few years ago. GF and BGs were very nurse like, but it was literally a pain. Foot turned blue/black eventually. Got back home and it was broken. HOw? No idea.

Archived