BROKEN PROMISES

rmorris22

Previously I promised Khun Sanuk and LaoHuli I would not post after more than two Bacardi and cokes. Well I have had 4 and feel an overwhelming compulsion to post.

17 HOURS AND 16 MINUTES until wheels up. I am so restless I can't stand it. As a hardcore smoker, on previous trips, I always dreaded the flight. For the last 2 weeks I have actually looked forward to the flight.

BKK blues has been discussed at length, but what I have felt for the last two days does not even compare. At least when you get back from Thailand you have your videos to watch, pictures to look at, and songs to find.

What do you do just prior to your trip? How do you handle the last few hours prior to the journey to the airport? Give some responses......At least I will have a purpose in life for the next 14 hours or so.

LHL has less than 2 digits until his departure, so I expect he will forgive you. He has the glazed over look I am sure. I leave in... les see.... 15 days. Hey how abot starting a thread. Something line 50 days to go.... :cover:

But I am not drinking Barcardi. I am on an evil mix of meyers, lemoncello, tequila, and home brewed beer (no, not all mixed togethre!). ABckup of parfait amour is staring at me, but I pray it doesn't come to that!

dvarpala,

I really hope I didn't mis-represent myself. I am not feeling sorry for myself. I am just trying to figure out how to occupy my time until I fly out in 13 hours and 12 minutes. Of course you should always arrive at the airport 2 hours ahead of time so that makes it 11 hours and now 11 minutes. Since FJ is my hero I will have a few drinks before boarding the plane so that will take another two hours I don't have to worry about.

Well, I have had all the excitement one can handle in one evening. it is now 12 hours and 27 minutes until wheels up and I am going to bed....... Will see you all at the AGM or when ever!!! For those of you staying in your home countries I will carry the torch for you into LOS.....

Have a good trip,

The few hours/days before my trip i am generally trying to decide a rough agenda... it rarely comes through though..

last 2 trips, I had the idea to spend a few days in bangkok, it ended up being a month. Planned on a few days on an island, ended up being 6 weeks. I thought "Why would I want to go to Pattaya?" - ended up there having a ball.

There was a "42 days to go..." thread a while back, lasted about 18 months if memory serves me correctly.

2 months till take off for me

Archived