Best GoGo bar in BKK 2003

khunsanuk

Hi Seth,

Nice post.

I think there are others like you and I that really like Angelwitch Bar. But, please be careful on this board. If you say that you support a certain bar and enjoy your time there you will be accused of everything from being an investor/part-owner to rigging the Gogo Bar ratings. ::

As I said before, AW is the only must-visit bar for me these days in NEP. The rest are hit or miss and sometimes, like others, I just go to AW and then head to another venue. NEP can be OK, but I really do prefer SC now and even the 'pong can be good some nights. Note: I just know some wag is itching to let me have it because I posted negatively about the 'pong in 2001. :grinyes:

Anyway, maybe you and I did stumble over each other in AW, although I don't get out much as I used to. You are probably there more frequently than me. I often wonder when I look at the crowd in AW how many are members/posters on this site.

Good luck with you and your Beer. :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>> But, please be careful on this board. If you say that you support a certain bar and enjoy your time there you will be accused of everything from being an investor/part-owner to rigging the Gogo Bar ratings. <<

I know, that you posted on another mailing-list, that you are "a good friend and in business-relationship" with a bar owner (on Soi 7/x). While some people might(!) think, this might(!) lead to more positive reviews, I think that you are professional enough to contribute only your own experiences and this unbiased, so for me, this does not count. And I am sure, there are many more such "relationships" on this board, but they simply do not post it! The other postings in the nightlife-section (I think I know what you are referring to) I do more or less interpret as "leg-pulling" and that is sometimes allowed :). So, please don't take it too serious! For me, your reviews are good and serious and I really enjoy reading it, no matter in what relationship with the particular bar you are. I am sure, many others are thinking of it the same way as I do. Some discussion might be allowed from time to time though!

Well, Peter, my comments were partly in jest too, but I do appreciate what you wrote.

I honestly call 'em as I see 'em. If I go to a place I like and have fun, no matter who owns it, I say so. If I visit a real shithouse, I say that too.

I have to admit objectivity can be tough sometimes when the owner is a friend. I guess it is better to not say anything at all in those cases rather than seem like a 'homer' all the time. That is why I will not comment on Goldfinger any more. I will just go there and enjoy myself without saying how the place works for me.

It is often difficult though when a list member has such a totally opposite view to refrain from jumping in. And, by the way, the business relationship with the fellow you are referring to never came off.

Thanks again for the post, Peter. :)

125 baht a drink is a bit much, considering it was 90 baht maybe two years ago and expenses have not gone up any. But of the Nana bars, I'd agree with you. Angelwitch is the only one I'd care to go to nowadays. Haven't the NEP folks noticed that they are not getting the customers they used to? Or maybe that's why the keep raising the prices ... to soak the ones they still do have.

::

p.s. My reaction to the price hikes: drink less. So in the long run, they are probably making less off of me.

Flashermac said:

125 baht a drink is a bit much, considering it was 90 baht maybe two years ago

p.s. My reaction to the price hikes: drink less. So in the long run, they are probably making less off of me.

Well I read this sentence above and made me think about how much I must have spend in AW since I first get in...

So first of all, the average bill comes close to 1500 or 2000 each time but I lets keep 1500. Then I am hitting the place 2 to 3 times a week lets say 10 times a month and finally I have been there for over a year maybee 2. Lets say 20 Months to make it easy.

Ends up, 1,500 * 10 * 20 = 15,000 * 20 = 300,000 !!!

I think I should deserve AW to get me a nice sitting each and everytime I get in !!!!!!

I will talk to the mamasan about it

Cheers,

Seth

Wow, Seth, if you go to Angelwitch that much and spend that much, you are really a hard core fan.

I don't think I have ever known someone to spend so much time or money in one bar.

You are right...the AW staff needs to install a Barco-Lounger for you stageside and provide you with personal waitresses and dancers. :)

Is this for drinks only or does it include bar-fines? Most probably it is not enough when including grils too.

While I have no problem spending THB 1500 - THB 2000++ in one bar in one night for drinks/ lady drinks only, doing this on a regular basis in one bar is hard for me to imagine though.

When making a tour with some guys, things can add up pretty quickly, but this is probably something different.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for:

-Long Gun: My long time favourite

-Midnite: Like going there with friends

-Angelwitch: Like to show it to girls

-Silver Dragon: Home of ...

-Kings Castle II: It is always good fun

:cover:

Archived