YOUR FAVOURITE SPORTING MEMORIES.

sayjann

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Individual any country, Lance Armstrong, coming back after having to deal with cancer and win 5 consecutive Tour de Frances.

Bob Champion winning the 1981 Grand National on Aldaniti after beating cancer :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Geoff Hursts :bow:

hattrick in 1966 yet!

1. That Aussie short track skating guy who won Olympic gold!!!!! (Every one else fell over for three straight races!)

2. Eddie the Eagle

2. Socceroos. AUSTRALIA THREE: enguland one. KANGAPOO!!! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Wiltord scoring the winner at OT in '02, Parlour scoring the winner in the FA cup and Arsenal. :neener:

Okay, hmmm, I'll give this some thought. Individual in the U.S. is so difficult. Michael Jordan game 6 at Utah with the bad case of the flu, being given water constantly to stay hydrated, looking like sh*t and willing himself and his body...and his teammates to win the game in a last minute shot.

Don't know his name but there was a Japanese gymnast who had a broken foot in the Korean games I think and his team needed the points and he went out and did the pommel horse I think and when he landed on his foot after the dismount he wavered a little and you can see the grimmace and pain on his face. Amazing! He knew his foot was broken and knew he'd have excruciating pain if he performed. I couldn't do it, country or no, I'd tell the coach to f**k off and kiss my ass.

As for team. Probably the 1980 U.S. ice hockey olympic team. A very unlikely team to win the gold. On paper, had no business being on the same ice with most of the teams there.

Archived