Don mueng taxi mafia

Lusty

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by DJ1999J:

You could always take the airport bus. 100 baht fixed fare to most areas of BKK including Sukhumvit. It's aircon, and usually almost empty so you have a double seat to yourself. It's quick, they take the expressway, and in that kind of traffic it takes no longer than a taxi. It's pretty hard to get ripped off on a bus!

IMHO it's easier than a taxi and no chance of any hassle. It has several stops along Sukhumvit and the staff speak English, just tell them your hotel and they drop you off at the nearest stop, it's never a long walk.

When does the last bus leave the airport for Suk.?

crazy.gif" border="0

I will take taxis during the day but I'd be cautious about doing so at night. Of course if you pay the charge 50 baht is piece of mind that you have the guys number.

Of course away from the airport I have no problem with taxis in the evening.

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

If you don't like the service at the official taxi stand, why not go upstairs and hail a cab dropping people off? They're not supposed to take you but I've never been hassled doing this. You save the 50 baht clip for airport fee too. Of course, you don't get the complaint ticket (never even knew what that was good for).

Just don't make a big deal about getting into your ride. And be sure you abide by the usual suggestions like making sure he drops the meter.

If you go this route be aware that the driver usually doesn't speak any english and unless your hotel is well known you have to know where your going and be able to tell the driver. Works if you're not a newbie or you going to Kao San Road or any other well known location.

By the time you've read this the fare would have probably gone up to 150 baht. :-)

quote:

Originally posted by DJ1999J:

You could always take the airport bus. 100 baht fixed fare to most areas of BKK including Sukhumvit. It's aircon, and usually almost empty so you have a double seat to yourself. It's quick, they take the expressway, and in that kind of traffic it takes no longer than a taxi. It's pretty hard to get ripped off on a bus!

IMHO it's easier than a taxi and no chance of any hassle. It has several stops along Sukhumvit and the staff speak English, just tell them your hotel and they drop you off at the nearest stop, it's never a long walk.

I was returning to Bkk from chaing mai last may and i decided to take the airport bus to sukumvit, there where 3 girls working the little ticket kiosk out front of the terminal, let it be known at least one of those gals is avalible, i had a bit of a wait for the bus and she made a point of telling me when she was off work and gave me her cell # and i aint no Tom cruise.

quote:

I was returning to Bkk from chaing mai last may and i decided to take the airport bus to sukumvit, there where 3 girls working the little ticket kiosk out front of the terminal, let it be known at least one of those gals is avalible, i had a bit of a wait for the bus and she made a point of telling me when she was off work and gave me her cell # and i aint no Tom cruise.

Very interesting information, Dirtroad. I flew into Don Muang earlier this summer and also decided to take the Airport bus to Sukhumvit. I remember walking up to the booth to buy the ticket; there were 3 cuties there. As I was waiting for the bus to arrive, I passed away the time by discretely watching them. One of them was sitting down, half bent over at the waist, leaning her elbows on the table. She was wearing black trousers and a pink shirt - both very tight and shiny, like spandex. Her long black hair spilled over onto the back of her shirt. It was very erotic; I wish she had given me her phone number!

Then again, it was the first time I had been back in Asia in a year, and was a bit wired with lack of sleep and anticipation. If I was well-rested and had just spent a month in the LOS, perhaps I would not have been so turned on.

Harlequin

Originally posted by dirtroad:

"... there where 3 girls working the little ticket kiosk out front of the terminal, let it be known at least one of those gals is avalible, ... she made a point of telling me when she was off work and gave me her cell # ..."

Now, she gave her phone number to YOU, which does not necessarily mean she's available to all and sundry. Actually, I can't quite understand why you post this - do you want people to queue up for her at the counter??

I've never had a taxi problem since they installed the kiosk a couple of years ago. They always take me to the correct hotel. I always stay near Sukumvit and know the Soi of the hotel, so I can redirect them if they miss it. I've taken the higher-priced Mercedes taxis also with no problem.

unfortunately I always arrive too late for the bus.

The only rip-off I had was on my first visit many years ago when I tried to negotiate a fare. I arrived very late and didn't see a metered taxi. The guy overcharged me and had a hard time finding the hotel. I had to guide him with a map.

Archived