Thai flyer miles?

thai3

Hi!

I don't fly as much as many members of this board obviously do but I do have a silver level Royal Orchid card. Here is my comments.

1. I have only had a problem with this on rare occasions. As somone pointed out if another star alliance meber screws up Thai Inter cannot be blamed. Also if the checkin clerk screws up they can't be blamed. E.g. the completely brain dead people at the Tallin airport tried to credit the miles to SAS eurobonus which ofcourse doesn't work.

2. The rules as I have read them clearly state that you must send in the boarding cards and a copy of the ticket.

3. I never stay at hotels that will earn me bonus points or rent cars. Again if someone else screws up one can't blame Thai.

4. I don't know about this Q-class but trips within Europe shorter than 500 miles don't qualify according to the rules. I still have got bonus points for such trips occasionally though.

5. I have never had this problem and as buffalo_bill stated, an email inquiry is normally answered within 2 workdays.

Additional comment:

I have never seen this in any rules but a ticket on a code share flight operated by a non Star alliance member apparently does not qualify. I learned this when I flew to Estonia on a SAS ticke but the flight was operated by Estonia Air who are only associated with Star alliance and not a full member.

regards

ALHOLK

alholk,

your 4) :s hort haul flights less than 500 miles earn you 500 miles minimum. member's handbook page 11. except ......

Code -share : If you are travelling on a codeshare-flight of a Star-Alliance member and use a plane that is not member of the basic Star Alliance ( like your Estonian) then your miles can only be credited to Thai-cards if that happens to be a THAI (!) codeshare-flight like f.e. using Malaysian Airlines to KL. Any other Star-Alliance cards won't accept your miles . Estonian flights will only be accepted by an SAS Eurobonus card.

The principal problem with all the airmiles rules is that they have made them so complex that nobody f****** understands them any more. Except buffalo_bill, of course, hehehe. read handbook page 9 " Gold Status " " Seating is guaranteed " quote : " Subject to booking class codes Y,M,J,C,P with waitlist ability." Clear enough ? Just rang Thai Air Frankfurt for testing and requested explanation. Promised to call back as soon as possible.

keep on talking guys, this is hot stuff.

cheers

quote:

Originally posted by ranma500:

1. Miles do not get automatically credited.

2. Thai insist on boarding passes.

3. No hotel or car rental credit has ever reached my account,

4. what a 'Q' class is.

5. I did not receive a statement,

Anyone else had the same experience?

paul

Paul,

1) I dont have experience on this

2) This is also my experience

3) I dont have experience on this

4) Isnt Q class using your frequent flyer points to get a seat

5) This is also my experience

The good thing about this programme is that it requires much less mileage to get free flights and gold status

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Bey ]

Archived