Apple compatible ISP in BKK?

Searcher

Stupid question time.

Looking to replace my notebook PC in the not too distant future. Seriously looking at the Apple G4 notebooks. Big issue for me though is Internet connectivity. Do the major ISPs in Thailand provide Apple connectivity or just for Windows based PCs?

Searcher

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks FJ. Never thought I'd own an Apple, but the new G4s sure are sweet.

As I am rapidly approaching that point in life where I shall be able to forego, nay, where I shall be able to cast that spawn of satan, MS Office, back to the hell from which it.......errr, excuse me I digress.

As long I can watch the occasional DVD, play music while I log on to Nanaplaza to ask more stupid questions or send an e-mail to me brother taunting him for still being a wage slave I think I should be very content with a G-4.

Searcher

Basically all ISP's are Apple compatible, meaning that you can connect from any Operating System, as long as you have the Dial-In Number, User Name and Password. In case you need help in setting up your connection, I guess calling an ISP's hotline in Thailand to find out how to set up an Internet Connection on a MacIntosh Computer could well be a nightmare ....... But in general you won't need it!

Sunny

Searcher- Do it! You'll love the switch. I took delivery of a 17" PB G4 back in late April. This is how life as a 'switcher' works: where ever you find yourself it's as effortless as opening up the machine, and if there's a wireless node present it sniffs it out, opens the connection for you and you are online. Passwords require only slightly more effort. Pack up, move the machine, open up, viola- online again, easy as before. Effortless!

If you need to make a cable connection you can enter the IP addresses, routers # etc. and the machine remembers. It knows which your using, so back and forth becomes a breeze.

The viral days of email threats:banghead: become a thing of the past. :grinyes: When you 'switch' you will discover applications infusing each other inter-operably like they're supposed to in the XP Windoze hyped world with total ease of use.

All in all it becomes a far more satisfying, productive and effortless experience. Honest!

Actually Searcher- come to think of it, it's not that it's a stupid question, rather it's a typical PC-centric question. I've found myself many times at wireless internet cafes having opened up and instantly been surfing when in comes some PC notebooks.

They sit down, fidget, fiddle, configure, scratch heads, ask me if I'm online, how'd I get there. Well, a smile, very naturally comes over your face in these situations and you tell em, "Guys...I just opened my case." They go back to fidgeting, and you go back to surfing.

And, with a bit of empathy, you shrug your shoulders and you realize, this is what the Mac experience is all about. Those PC days of fidget, fiddle and> :banghead: are over, gone. Easy as that....

Archived